Computer Related > I posted on TalkTalk forums yesterday.Wasters! Computing Issues
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 9

I posted on TalkTalk forums yesterday.Wasters! - Roger.
This is, thankfully, not about me, but about my daughter and son-in-law.
The story: My son-in-law received an email today saying that the Talk Talk engineer would be calling to set up his broadband package.
The only problem is that the address at which the service is supposed to be installed was sold by my daughter well over 12 months ago! At one time Talk Talk did, indeed provide a service, in my son-in-law's name, but this was cancelled long before the sale by auction, after failure to find a buyer for the house, which had stood empty and with no phone service for some months.
My son-in-law has spent an hour or more vainly trying to get some sense from a call centre, whose only suggestion was to wait until the account was up and running and then to cancel it.
LUDICROUS!
How can one cancel an account for which one has not applied?
The sting in the tail? My son-in-law is a serving soldier who has been on post, with my daughter and children, in Germany for the past two years!
Calling an 0870 number from Germany is expensive and to add insult to injury my son-in-law has had the phone hung up on him THREE TIMES by the so-called "help centre".
Unless one of the resident staff can let me have a phone number for him to call, where there is a member of staff who actually has the sense and authority to resolve this, rest assured that a complaint to Ofcom WILL be made.
My son-in-law cannot post here himself as he is, of course not only not a forum member, but not even a Talk Talk customer.
Action this day, please.
Last edited by: Roger on Tue 12 Feb 13 at 19:45
 Messages Author Date
 I posted on TalkTalk forums yesterday.W..  Roger. 12 Feb 13 19:44
 I posted on TalkTalk forums yesterday.Was..  rtj70 12 Feb 13 20:50
 I posted on TalkTalk forums yesterday.Wa..  Clk Sec 12 Feb 13 21:05
 I posted on TalkTalk forums yesterday.Was..  No FM2R 12 Feb 13 21:00
 I posted on TalkTalk forums yesterday.Wa..  bathtub tom 12 Feb 13 23:15
 I posted on TalkTalk forums yesterday.W..  Roger. 12 Feb 13 23:54
 I posted on TalkTalk forums yesterday...  Zero 13 Feb 13 08:00
 I posted on TalkTalk forums yesterday.Was..  Manatee 13 Feb 13 13:13
 I posted on TalkTalk forums yesterday.Wa..  Roger. 13 Feb 13 18:07