Introduce Yourself > Hi Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MJW1994 Replies: 5

Hi - MJW1994
Hi all

I stumbled across this site after doing some Googling, it’s strange where one ends up. This forum seems to have many wise and sensible members on it compared to other motoring sites so I thought I would join!

A bit about me:
My name’s Matt and I’m 19. I’ve only been in the UK for three years and live close to Bristol. Before that I have lived in South Africa and USA as my parents moved around a bit. My education was a bit dis-jointed to say the least. Since 16 I have worked in computer programming and software, in aviation and Defence sectors, originally as an apprentice which meant I didn’t have to go back to school which I always hated and didn’t do very well at.

Anyway you can all have a good laugh now since I drive a 2010 Renault Scenic 150 diesel!! I get a lot of ribbing about my car from friends and work mates, people say it’s not for a young single man but for me a car needs to be useful, not a fashion accessory. I can get all my sports gear and surfing kit in the back. Also I’m quite tall and find small cars really uncomfortable after a while. And the insurance isn’t too ruinous. And it’s comfortable on long journeys. And I can sleep in it if I’m away surfing and don’t want to stay in a B&B. And I take my grandparents for shopping and trips out in it as they don’t drive anymore. And I don’t drive like a typical teenager, I like to get to my destination in one piece. And back again. So there you are, I’ve justified it before anyone lays into my faithful Scenic!!!!!!
 Messages Author Date
 Hi new MJW1994 20 Jul 13 20:44
 Hi new Ted 20 Jul 13 22:43
 Hi new Focusless 21 Jul 13 12:19
 Hi new Robin O'Reliant 21 Jul 13 13:49
 Hi new FocalPoint 21 Jul 13 16:54
 Hi new MD 24 Jul 13 21:03
Latest Forum Posts