Motoring Discussion > Blue Badge query Legal Questions
Thread Author: Slidingpillar Replies: 4

Blue Badge query - Slidingpillar
I'm in the middle of my application for a new blue badge. The on-line form may have advantages but the claimed 15 minutes it takes is a wild underestimate for those like me whose application is based on walking difficulties rather than already having disability allowances etc.

Anyway there is still a need to post though as one one needs certified copies of documents despite the fact, they could check the driving licence with DVLA - they do ask for your driver number. Ok you don't have to have a licence, but for those that have, you could simplify things and increase the security of the badge system.

However, there are two lists of needed certified copies of documents, one to prove identity, and the other to prove address. Most of them, you'd be having to send in a certified copy of each but a driving licence appears in both lists. So as somebody who has yet to submit the application, will I need to send two certified copies of my licence, or do they do the intelligent thing and use one copy for both?

Photo requirement is odd too. I had to edit my scan slightly to get it the right shape, but I'm a bit perplexed at the size requirements as in pixel terms, the photo they want is small, but in memory terms the maximum is quite a bit larger. Guess it copes with non-standard compression?
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Fri 2 Aug 13 at 09:31
 Messages Author Date
 Blue Badge query new Slidingpillar 2 Aug 13 09:30
 Blue Badge query new Zero 2 Aug 13 09:34
 Blue Badge query new Meldrew 2 Aug 13 09:58
 Blue Badge query new R.P. 2 Aug 13 09:59
 Blue Badge query new Slidingpillar 2 Aug 13 10:28
Latest Forum Posts