Motoring Discussion > Chrysler PT Cruiser - Radio code number
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 8

Chrysler PT Cruiser - Radio code number - Armel Coussine
The battery was changed by an AA man whose device for keeping the car awake during the process didn't work for some reason. So the radio/CD/cassette doesn't work.

I used to have a radio manual along with all the other car bumf, but it's vanished among all the other piles of bumf and I can't find it. That had the code number written down in biro. Although it's only 4 digits I can't for the life of me remember it.

Doubtless there is some way of changing the code number and just having a new one. But I don't know what the process is. Perhaps there is someone cleverer than me who can find this stuff online. I would certainly be grateful because I am missing the Radio 4 news among other things.

I know it's cheek to ask, but some people can do this stuff standing on their heads.
 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Radio code number - Fullchat
Found this:

www.radio-code.co.uk/chrysler-radio-codes.html?gclid=CLHO6dHclrkCFXMdtAodqFwAaw

There is no mention of a cost but I'm sure there will be when you start the process.

Of course there is always the main dealer armed with the chassis number and radio serial number where I'm sure there will be a 'nominal charge'.
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 12 Sep 13 at 01:16
 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Radio code number - R.P.
Take the radio out there may be a sticker on it. Vauxhall used to put the radio codes on a sticker in the spare wheel well.
 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Radio code number - No FM2R
On the radio is only a serial number, although you will need this to obtain the code.

Chrysler or nothing, I'm afraid. (or one of the sites as recommended. They're about a tenner in my experience, but don't always work).
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sat 24 Aug 13 at 20:08
 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Radio code number - bathtub tom
Try the other side?

There seems to be lots of requests for Fiesta codes, maybe someone can help.
 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Radio code number - Armel Coussine
I'm positive that I posted something a couple of hours ago thanking people for their suggestions and saying I would try the original main dealer. It appeared at the time, but now it's vanished. Could there be a reason?
 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Radio code number - -
If its going to cost more than a tenner might be worth spending from £40 for a Pioneer or similar brand new head unit, always worth looking on Halfords website in the clearance section find them almost unbeatable for head units, any adaptors etc needed can be bought online far cheaper than from an accessory shop such as the above though.

Half hour easy DIY should see it fitted, usually far better than the standard makers radio too.
 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Radio code number - captain chaos
Try the PT owners club, I'm sure they would be able to help.
There's also USAutomotive, they're far more clued up than any Chrysler dealer.
Hope this helps.
 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Radio code number - No FM2R
When I was looking around for AC it appears that the US cars do not have coded radios and the Owner's Club recommended the main dealer.
Latest Forum Posts