Motoring Discussion > Oops Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BiggerBadderDave Replies: 9

Oops - BiggerBadderDave
Slightly annoying, I just rolled over a kid's bike. I went to pick up the boy from a neighbour's house where he and 3 other boys were playing. I pulled up a metre before the bike in front and the neighbour came to talk to me about something and I turned the engine off. I meant to reverse into her drive and head off in the opposite direction but as she chatted it became apparent I had to run an errand and I set off forward. As the little bike was out of view, lying half pavement/half road it was a kind of 'out of sight, out of mind' situation. There was a lot of crunching - the light was squashed flat, the saddle thing was unrecognisable and the wheel was wonky and wouldn't turn. The bike belongs to a much younger gang member so I could have it repaired for a few quid or at the very worst it'll cost me about seventy squids or so for a new one. Or I could replace it with my boy's last bike which is bigger and has gears and is hanging in the garage.

Poor mite was devastated as I watched him drag the wreckage off to his house. Time to meet the little feller's parents and confess. Better if call in early when the husband is out and the housewife hasn't dressed. Every cloud's got a silver lining, as David Essex sang.
 Messages Author Date
 Oops  BiggerBadderDave 19 Feb 14 18:47
 Oops  Armel Coussine 19 Feb 14 18:52
 Oops  Runfer D'Hills 19 Feb 14 19:03
 Oops  J Bonington Jagworth 22 Feb 14 13:48
 Oops  Dog 19 Feb 14 19:07
 Oops  BiggerBadderDave 19 Feb 14 19:41
 Oops  Armel Coussine 19 Feb 14 19:45
 Oops  Westpig 19 Feb 14 19:47
 Oops  Bromptonaut 19 Feb 14 20:27
 Oops  Alastairw 20 Feb 14 20:46
Latest Forum Posts