Motoring Discussion > The Ride of my life......well almost. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 8

The Ride of my life......well almost. - R.P.
Delightful ride the other day on the RT - from Le Touquet de Paris to my new home in Wales - 400 miles exactly from door to door and took just under 8 hours to complete it (adjusted for BST) - the highlight was the tolled A16 from just outside Le Touquet to Calais - beautifully graded and well maintained the road almost hugs the coast giving splendid views, especially in the area of Boulonge - all for a paltry couple of Euros - Bike was in its element and humming in a most un-BMW way at a steady 80, shared the journey with few bikes but plenty of exotica, clearly en-route from Le Mans - including a bullet holed DB9 - nice. Decided to do clockwise M25 to the M40, M42, M6, M54 and A55 boring but certainly less busy than the A14/M11 route I took down....

Had one incident - potentially nasty when my nearside pannier sprang open on the M40 losing shoes and chocs, my own fault on probably poor securing after a stop and not "listening" to the bike "telling" me through an unusual vibe after I set off.....Thanks to the red BMW 3 series driver who drew my attention to it - I thought it was the cops !

Bike returned nearly 58 mpg and gave tank ranges of nearly 320 to 350 miles between top-ups - used no oil (most un-Boxer type behaviour !). Supreme comfort I could have ridden another 400 miles if required. Total mileage for the weekend was 1000miles - Bike does exactly what it says it should......
 Messages Author Date
 The Ride of my life......well almost. new R.P. 18 Jun 10 11:40
 The Ride of my life......well almost. new Mike Hannon 18 Jun 10 11:45
 The Ride of my life......well almost. new R.P. 18 Jun 10 11:47
 The Ride of my life......well almost. new Skoda 18 Jun 10 12:28
 The Ride of my life......well almost. new smokie 18 Jun 10 16:13
 The Ride of my life......well almost. new Ted 18 Jun 10 16:40
 The Ride of my life......well almost. new Westpig 18 Jun 10 20:01
 The Ride of my life......well almost. new R.P. 18 Jun 10 20:29
 The Ride of my life......well almost. new Ted 18 Jun 10 22:14
Latest Forum Posts