Motoring Discussion > Citroen Xsara - Loan Car Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 8

Citroen Xsara - Loan Car - Bromptonaut
As heading says.

Enrico the older Berlingo is in for MoT etc today. Big service at 150k and cambelt being seen to as well. Used to just leave it at garage on way to station and pick it up at home time. That doesn't work any more so I asked for a loan car and was duly handed keys to a pale blue 53 reg Citroen Xsara.

Interior all standard PSA so no trouble working out how to adjust seats or use stalks. It's certainly petrol engined and probably a 1.6. After 21 years of diesels I'd forgotten how much throttle petrols need to get them rolling so stalled it regularly on way home and occasionally kangarooed like a learner. Little if any smoother or quieter than an HDi diesel and if the figures on the screen are right much less economical. Slightly rough on the idle and feels more sluggish than my 1.9D but I'm not going to rev it's nuts off to see if 'drive like you stole it' works. Reasonably easy to manoeuvre although as a 'saloon' (ie hatchback) the thick rear pillars make reversing into my drive an effort.

Garage hack so not that well looked after, I had to clean inside of windscreen as it was distractingly filthy. Glad I wasn't leaving it on station as CL is not working properly and doors need to be locked manually before exiting. Apart from a clunky gearbox all else seems to function OK. Radio found R4 OK once I'd clocked that RDS was selected off.

Be glad to hand it back tonight - or tomorrow if silence on mine being ready is telling me anything.
 Messages Author Date
 Citroen Xsara - Loan Car new Bromptonaut 18 Mar 14 15:57
 Citroen Xsara - Loan Car new Lygonos 18 Mar 14 17:40
 Citroen Xsara - Loan Car new Runfer D'Hills 18 Mar 14 17:44
 Citroen Xsara - Loan Car new Bromptonaut 18 Mar 14 18:47
 Citroen Xsara - Loan Car new Alastairw 18 Mar 14 20:18
 Citroen Xsara - Loan Car new Bromptonaut 18 Mar 14 21:09
 Citroen Xsara - Loan Car new Dave_ 18 Mar 14 22:34
 Citroen Xsara - Loan Car new RichardW 19 Mar 14 09:12
 Citroen Xsara - Loan Car new Bromptonaut 24 Mar 14 11:56
Latest Forum Posts