Motoring Discussion > Subaru Legacy and Outback Petrol - Rust under stone chip damage to paintwork - repair Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Gromit Replies: 8

Subaru Legacy and Outback Petrol - Rust under stone chip damage to paintwork - repair - Gromit
The Legacy has picked up enough stone chips to the (metallic black) paintwork on the bonnet that its time to do something about repairing them.

Also, there's a single deeper chip to the windscreen pillar that has rust in it. Now IIRC ku-rust and products like it used to come with a warning that you couldn't paint over them afterwards. Mind, the last time I used this stuff was on my father's old Rover SD1!

What does the Forum recommend to reverse the rusting in the chip and stop it spreading such that I can touch up the spot afterwards?

The others are all small, quite flat, spots where only the outer black lacquer has been removed, exposing the off-white primer underneath. I'm reckoning on doing these with black touch up paint and polishing back to as smooth as finish as I can get once its dried fully. Any advice here?

EDIT: Apologies, just realised I should have posted this in Technical. Mods, any chance you could move it please?
Last edited by: Gromit on Fri 20 Jun 14 at 10:42
 Messages Author Date
 Subaru Legacy and Outback Petrol - Rus.. new Gromit 20 Jun 14 10:40
 Subaru Legacy and Outback Petrol - Rust .. new Fenlander 20 Jun 14 11:01
 Subaru Legacy and Outback Petrol - Rust.. new Runfer D'Hills 20 Jun 14 19:25
 Subaru Legacy and Outback Petrol - Rus.. new RichardW 20 Jun 14 19:43
 Subaru Legacy and Outback Petrol - Ru.. new Runfer D'Hills 20 Jun 14 19:46
 Subaru Legacy and Outback Petrol - Rus.. new Gromit 20 Jun 14 22:48
 Subaru Legacy and Outback Petrol - Rus.. new Fenlander 20 Jun 14 23:12
 Subaru Legacy and Outback Petrol - Ru.. new Gromit 23 Jun 14 11:53
 Subaru Legacy and Outback Petrol - .. new Fenlander 23 Jun 14 12:53
Latest Forum Posts