Motoring Discussion > New vehicle Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 20

New vehicle - Ted

Put a deposit down on a new vehicle on Wednesday. Nothing too exciting and very slow under it's own power. You 'shed deniers' will hate it !

Me and 'er were away last weekend at our regular campsite near Middlewich in Cheshire. Several niggly faults manifested themselves with the caravan...well, it is a 1999 model. We ended up with a wet carpet 'cos a coupling had failed under the sink. Various other things happened, like the front window blinds falling off 'cos the wood above the windows seems to be rotten in places and won't take screws. A bit of silicon sealant has sorted that now.

Any road up, we got to talking and made a trip to Glossop Caravans where we bought this one from 6 years ago. They have a good website and you can take a virtual trip round any van you fancy. We noted some we liked the night before. One was reserved, just our luck that it was the one that would have been best for us being only 6'8" wide. The current van is 7'2" and only just goes between the house and the fence to park round the back.

Looking through the stock we lighted on an Elddis Odyssey 17ft 2 berth with an end washroom. This replaces our Elddis Broadway 17ft 2 berth with end washroom....don't like change ! The new van is 6'10"........great !

Mint condition, we won't get it 'til early August due to workshop time being unavailable to remove my motor-mover and fit it to the new van. I fitted the old van myself but I need the mover to get it out of the drive and I'm not removing it in the road outside the house ! Shame really, have to use the old van for our holliers in a couple of weeks !

Whilst away, we bought a new awning.......an inflatable one. Fit it in the awning rail, peg out the fpur corners and pump it up....seemples. No more struggling with wet bendy carbon fibre poles. Got two awnings to sell now !

Expensive week, speshly as me specs failed as well....ah well......spending kids inheritance !
 Messages Author Date
 New vehicle  Ted 4 Jul 14 23:12
 New vehicle  Pat 5 Jul 14 03:06
 New vehicle  WillDeBeest 5 Jul 14 08:04
 New vehicle  Manatee 5 Jul 14 08:14
 New vehicle  Ted 5 Jul 14 16:09
 New vehicle  .... 5 Jul 14 16:34
 New vehicle  Runfer D'Hills 5 Jul 14 17:03
 New vehicle  Ted 5 Jul 14 17:12
 New vehicle  .... 5 Jul 14 17:29
 New vehicle  Armel Coussine 5 Jul 14 17:45
 New vehicle  .... 5 Jul 14 18:47