Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen Golf IV - nct
Thread Author: noclue Replies: 4

Volkswagen Golf IV - nct - noclue
Hi all _I have a 99 petrol golf (3 door) and I have a problem with emissions...it has a cracked cylinder and I don't know if a valve is leaking and it is obviously missing due to that..but considering that the car is running as good as it could run ... It failed the nct test recently on emissions and a few more things and I took it away and got dipetane and bardhals no smoke (snake oil) and put them in to it and took it back up after a 150 mile round trip to get it as hot as I could before the test and it failed again ...I know I'm probably clutching at straws here but I'm hoping someone can help ..really don't want to scrap the car ...the numbers for the first emissions test are : low idle : oil temp 85°c CO 0.15 vol % HC 167 ppm_ high idle CO 0.40% HC 215 ppm
Second time around :low idle: oil temp 85°c CO 1.12 HC 1,262 ppm _high idle CO 0.35 vol HC 97ppm
Also I got a new mechanic recently as the other guy took advantage of the fact I'm fairly clueless but he reckons a new lambda myt do it .....? Thanks for taking the time to read
 Messages Author Date
 Volkswagen Golf IV - nct new noclue 26 Jul 14 15:12
 Volkswagen Golf IV - nct new Armel Coussine 26 Jul 14 15:29
 Volkswagen Golf IV - nct new noclue 26 Jul 14 15:36
 Volkswagen Golf IV - nct new Fenlander 26 Jul 14 16:27
 Volkswagen Golf IV - nct new noclue 26 Jul 14 16:43
Latest Forum Posts