Motoring Discussion > illegal use of the hard shoulder to bypass a queue Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 8

illegal use of the hard shoulder to bypass a queue - henry k
Over the years I have been fortunate in not getting stuck in big snarl ups on motorways.
Yesterday early afternoon I got stuck on the M25 due to two outer lanes being blocked by an accident.
While waiting and slowly shuffling towards the next exit quite a few vehicles blasted down the hard shoulder thus overtaking the queue, I assume aiming for the next exit.
I would be astounded if they had some exemption, were Q cars or rushing to hospital etc. as they were a motley collection of vehicles.

My obvious thoughts were " I hope they get nicked!" but I did notice cameras on poles which I assume video the traffic flow. Are these chancers likely to get a brown envelope tomorrow morning?

Fortunately my son was able to use Google traffic info etc to plot a traffic free route to bypass the whole snarl up.
We obviously lost time but we had the best facilities to deal with it ( but should have checked earlier in the trip). The vast majority sat it out when there was an easy bypass route.

I was very impressed with the capabilities of the web in these circumstances.
 Messages Author Date
 illegal use of the hard shoulder to byp.. new henry k 28 Jul 14 00:06
 illegal use of the hard shoulder to bypas.. new Armel Coussine 28 Jul 14 01:23
 illegal use of the hard shoulder to bypa.. new Slidingpillar 28 Jul 14 09:17
 illegal use of the hard shoulder to bypa.. new CGNorwich 28 Jul 14 09:32
 illegal use of the hard shoulder to bypas.. new VxFan 28 Jul 14 10:30
 illegal use of the hard shoulder to bypa.. new Cliff Pope 28 Jul 14 10:48
 illegal use of the hard shoulder to byp.. new Manatee 28 Jul 14 10:56
 illegal use of the hard shoulder to by.. new helicopter 28 Jul 14 11:26
 illegal use of the hard shoulder to .. new Pat 28 Jul 14 11:42
Latest Forum Posts