Computer Related > TalkTalk Broadband price increase Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 12

TalkTalk Broadband price increase - VxFan

Received an email from them today informing me that my BB will go up by £5.00 a month from 18th December 2014 (currently £15.31 a month)

Phoned them and tried the usual blackmail threat of leaving if they couldn't offer me a better deal than that and they asked if I'd like my MAC code so as to take it to another provider. Damn, that backfired didn't it.
So, I tried my other deck of cards and mentioned that on the "offers" page of my account it said that if I renew my BB with them for another year (I've been out of contract with them for quite a while now) they'll reduce 3 months payment to ½ price, i,e £7.65, and the remaining 9 months will be £15.31 a month - same as I'm currently paying. They had to look into the offer as they didn't believe me at first, then accepted it. I did the same.

Yes, I know I can get cheaper BB if I combine it with a phone line package, but the phone line isn't mine and trying to persuade the owner to change from BT is near on impossible.

Trouble is, I live out in the sticks so fibre BB isn't available, neither is Sky, 02, etc.

If I did manage to persuade the phone owner to move to TalkTalk, then I could get a "deal" where it would be £17.60 a month (which would be for line rental, BB and free calls). It would however be an 18 month contract that I would be signing up to and from month 13 of the contract the price would be £27.60 a month. Both of us would benefit but she cannot see it.

It's a no brainer really, but can I persuade the phone line owner? Can I heck. I had the same trouble convincing them to move from British Gas to NPower. Looks like I need to put some figures down on paper and show a complete price breakdown of what they're currently paying against what they could be paying (and saving)
 Messages Author Date
 TalkTalk Broadband price increase  VxFan 17 Nov 14 21:43
 TalkTalk Broadband price increase  No FM2R 17 Nov 14 21:47
 TalkTalk Broadband price increase  VxFan 17 Nov 14 21:50
 TalkTalk Broadband price increase  No FM2R 17 Nov 14 22:37
 TalkTalk Broadband price increase  tyrednemotional 18 Nov 14 08:28
 TalkTalk Broadband price increase  Robin O'Reliant 18 Nov 14 11:11
 TalkTalk Broadband price increase  VxFan 23 Dec 14 10:42
 TalkTalk Broadband price increase  Duncan 23 Dec 14 11:33
 TalkTalk Broadband price increase  spamcan61 23 Dec 14 12:17
 TalkTalk Broadband price increase  Stuartli 23 Dec 14 14:47
 TalkTalk Broadband price increase  legacylad 23 Dec 14 17:54