Non-motoring > Green in the face anyway Green Issues
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 6

Green in the face anyway - Armel Coussine
Can't think what put me in mind of this. Don't read if it bores you.

The Sahara is a dry hot place with few water sources. You become very thirsty indeed and can quite easily fall ill from dehydration. At a deep borehole once in the middle of nowhere, shared some extremely sweet, deliciously cool water with a group of agreeable, er, locals for want of a better word.

I did notice that the drinking vessel was a scratched blue soft-polythene bowl, none too clean. But thirst conquers all inhibition in places like that. And the water tasted so lovely. But oh dear me, within hours I was already in the grip of two or three days of absolute galloping diarrhoea.

Another time, in Nigeria, I ate a forkful or two of sort of curried bean stuff before my host snatched it away saying: 'You can't eat that!', and cuffed the boy who had obtained the beans in the street. He was too late: I came down with serious rumbling gut parasite stuff that came back to London with me and turned out to be toxicara, a common gut parasite carried by domestic pet dung everywhere including here. The Tropical Diseases hospital tittered a bit and gave me pills which cured it immediately.

Our doctors at the time were two women who operated in the square where Tony Blair lives, or has a house anyway. They were perfectly nice to Herself but one in particular went out of her way to be rude to me. Nasty old dyke.
 Messages Author Date
 Green in the face anyway new Armel Coussine 4 Apr 15 16:31
 Green in the face anyway new Armel Coussine 4 Apr 15 17:35
 Green in the face anyway new MD 4 Apr 15 21:15
 Green in the face anyway new Armel Coussine 5 Apr 15 16:27
 Green in the face anyway new sherlock47 5 Apr 15 16:31
 Green in the face anyway new Fullchat 5 Apr 15 19:38
 Green in the face anyway new Armel Coussine 5 Apr 15 23:24
Latest Forum Posts