Motoring Discussion > MOT time - Bushes what do I look for? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 10

MOT time - Bushes what do I look for? - RattleandSmoke
My dads Fiesta is nearly due for its MOT. As mentioned a lot of times it clonks like mad at the back and it is got a lot worse in recent weeks.

I've jacked the car up and the all the springs and shocks are perfectly fine (they are all original too which is quite amazing) but the front wishbones look like they need doing again.

When it comes to the rear everything looks fine, does anybody have any picutres so I know what I should be looking at? I've checked the top mounts and they seem to be perfectly fine and there isn't much play in the suspension. The bearings are all working perfectly (no play or wobble in the wheels). I suspect it must be bushes causing the clunk but I just cannot see what I am supposed to be looking at.

The chasis again looks solid, there is rust on a wheel arch but I can't see it causing any issues with the MOT. More worrying is a bit of rust on the brake servo but it is very solid, if it was my car I would want it changing.

So what exactly do I need to be looking at? The clunks seem a lot worse when the car is steering which makes me suspect it could be to do with the anti roll bar.
 Messages Author Date
 MOT time - Bushes what do I look for? new RattleandSmoke 13 Jul 10 22:08
 MOT time - Bushes what do I look for? new Armel Coussine 13 Jul 10 22:20
 MOT time - Bushes what do I look for? new Harleyman 13 Jul 10 22:31
 MOT time - Bushes what do I look for? new Ted 13 Jul 10 22:38
 MOT time - Bushes what do I look for? new RattleandSmoke 13 Jul 10 22:42
 MOT time - Bushes what do I look for? new RattleandSmoke 13 Jul 10 22:38
 MOT time - Bushes what do I look for? new DP 13 Jul 10 22:56
 MOT time - Bushes what do I look for? new RattleandSmoke 13 Jul 10 23:28
 MOT time - Bushes what do I look for.. new DP 14 Jul 10 00:25
 MOT time - Bushes what do I look fo.. new DP 14 Jul 10 00:33
 MOT time - Bushes what do I look f.. new madf 14 Jul 10 10:08