Motoring Discussion > Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 5

Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV - Manatee
All three cars are currently insured with LV. Having got a decent premium for the Outlander and the MX5 in my name last August, I switched the boss's Roomster to them a few weeks later as they were competitive enough with the multi-policy discount.

In November she managed to drive into the back of somebody at a roundabout - 100% at fault and not contested by her. Our half of the claim was processed very efficiently. When my own renewals came a month ago I declared her accident (she is a named driver on my policies and vice versa) and the quotes went up a further £20 or so each - much less than I feared.

This morning her own renewal came. Up from £185 last year to £216 - and the accident is already shown on the pre-printed proposal form.

Given that renewal quotes always seem to rise by c. 10% anyway, I think that's pretty good. and I won't bother searching the comparison sites.

In contrast, in the past I have twice done a multi-car deal with Admiral in an effort to save money and hassle. On both occasions, the following year's quotes have been materially higher and completely uncompetitive, without any new claims or convictions. I won't bother with them again.

Messages Author Date
 Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV new Manatee 4 Aug 15 11:10
 Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV new helicopter 4 Aug 15 11:36
 Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV new Alanovich 4 Aug 15 11:49
 Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV new Manatee 4 Aug 15 12:45
 Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV new Westpig 4 Aug 15 15:57
 Insurance - pleasant surprise from LV new Bill Payer 4 Aug 15 23:31
Latest Forum Posts