Non-motoring > Unpaid widow's pension Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 3

Unpaid widow's pension - Ambo
This is not of general interest, Bromptonaut, but seems more up your street than any else’s and any hints would be welcome.

Along with her daughter, I have been trying for 7 months now to get the widow’s mite of a private French pension paid to a former colleague’s wife. She is aged 92 and stress over this is probably what accounted for her double pneumonia attack 6 weeks ago.

She has an Australian passport but lives on the Isle of Man, which is not part of the UK or the EU. Her husband (along with me and ten or so other Brits, some with “widows-in waiting”) worked in a French company operating in Malaysia, now defunct. Its pension scheme for expats is run by a semi-private insurance outfit, which has thousands of French members. It does not supply phone or fax numbers. It does not seem to have any English-speaking staff but her daughter has some French and I know a bit.

All requested documentation has been submitted, in fact three times, but without any result. Currently being investigated are appeals to the French Embassy in London and a letter to a financial agony columnist such as Jessica Gorst-Williams in the Telegraph. What else would you suggest if this came across your desk at Citizen’s Advice please?

Messages Author Date
 Unpaid widow's pension new Ambo 6 May 16 14:44
 Unpaid widow's pension new Bromptonaut 6 May 16 15:02
 Unpaid widow's pension new Ambo 7 May 16 08:59
 Unpaid widow's pension new Ambo 7 May 16 09:46
Latest Forum Posts