Technical Car/Motor Issues > Honda Jazz/Fit - 11 1.4 Disconnected Battery Miscellaneous
Thread Author: geoff1248 Replies: 2

Honda Jazz/Fit - 11 1.4 Disconnected Battery - geoff1248
As the car was to be left out in the open for a couple of months with no electricity available I decided it would be a good idea to disconnect the battery and keep it in doors.
A few months later the battery was replaced and other than having to put the radio codes in all was fine. A bit of rust on the discs soon got scrapped off but that was the only sign of the lay up. Fast forward a month and the car seems a different vehicle from the one I left. It seems far nippier and is certainly more economical.
This got me wondering if the disconnection of the battery for so long means that the ECU is reprogramming/relearning and every setting had reverted back to default factory settings. The difference is certainly noticeable and even the Mrs has commented on it.
 Honda Jazz/Fit - 11 1.4 Disconnected Battery - VxFan
I'm sure I've seen it previously mentioned that ECUs learn a particular driving style and resetting it once in a while can put it back to the "out of the box" setting again. A good practice to do when buying a second hand car and removing the last owners style of driving from the system.
 Honda Jazz/Fit - 11 1.4 Disconnected Battery - Zero
>> removing the last owners style of driving from the system.

In my missus's case one would have to put back things, bumpers, paint, etc etc.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 14 Mar 17 at 07:44
Latest Forum Posts