Technical Car/Motor Issues > Peugeot 206 SW - 05 1.1 Peugeot 206 intermittent clunking clutch HE Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Graceooo Replies: 3

Peugeot 206 SW - 05 1.1 Peugeot 206 intermittent clunking clutch HE - Graceooo
Hi,

My car went into the garage on Friday for a gearbox seal replacement (recommendation from MOT last month). On Sunday upon driving out the car park I could not get the car into second gear and when trying to put the clutch down again it just clonked a few times and was flat on the floor. The car was picked up by recovery as I assumed clutch had gone (same thing happened a year and half ago and clutch had to be replaced). When it was picked up the recovery man found no problem with clutch. At this point I thought I was going mad. Dropped it to local garage and tried to drive it for myslef. Moved forward and backward with no problem. Again tried to drive forward in first year and when putting foot down clutch clunked again and felt like it was 'broken'. Anyway garage test drove it today and have found no fault. Im very confused as car was fine before it went in last friday and I drive it very well.

Any ideas what the problem could be. I have tried to search but not found any explanations for the intermittent problem. I am worried they will give it back to me and the problem happen again in traffic.

Thanks
 Peugeot 206 SW - 05 1.1 Peugeot 206 intermittent clunking clutch HE - RichardW
Sounds like the auto adjuster on the clutch cable is playing up. Probably just coincidence that the seal (presumably driveshaft - which should really have been replaced when the gearbox was out to do the clutch!) work was done last week.
 Peugeot 206 SW - 05 1.1 Peugeot 206 intermittent clunking clutch HE - carmalade
Think you will find the clutch is hydraulic on these.So could be a slave or master cylinder issue.
 Peugeot 206 SW - 05 1.1 Peugeot 206 intermittent clunking clutch HE - RichardW
Looks like a cable to me on servicebox - but without the VIN hard to 100% certain. Symptoms fit exactly with failing auto tensioner...
Latest Forum Posts