Computer Related > Moving from one router to another and back Computing Issues
Thread Author: hawkeye Replies: 7

Moving from one router to another and back - hawkeye
I need to take my laptop next door and use the Internet wirelessly for the foreseeable future. I have complete access to both routers which are about 40 metres apart. Both routers are the standard TalkTalk Huawei HG633 models. My phones are able to pick up the nearer router and drop the other one seamlessly, giving me normal Internet and mail access without my intervention.

The problem is the Windows 10 laptop. Whenever I change router, it's slow to pick up the nearer router, and when it does it says I haven't got Internet access. The Internet is there definitely because the phones work. I've tried switching WiFi off before I leave next door and switching WiFi on again but it won't find the Internet whenever I change routers.

Rebooting the laptop always works by finding the nearer router and Internet, but, given the phones work well without faffing, it seems a bit crude. Can anyone please help me get the laptop to work like the phones do? i.e. get onto the nearer router and have Internet access ?

Thanks in advance
 Messages Author Date
 Moving from one router to another and back new hawkeye 13 Sep 17 07:57
 Moving from one router to another and bac.. new nice but dim 13 Sep 17 09:10
 Moving from one router to another and ba.. new hawkeye 13 Sep 17 13:46
 Moving from one router to another and b.. new Bromptonaut 13 Sep 17 14:06
 Moving from one router to another and .. new smokie 13 Sep 17 16:49
 Moving from one router to another an.. new Stuartli 13 Sep 17 19:21
 Moving from one router to another an.. new hawkeye 15 Sep 17 12:28
 Moving from one router to another and bac.. new hawkeye 14 Sep 17 23:16
Latest Forum Posts