Motoring Discussion > Nissan Qashqai - Spanish Goldcar car Hire review of a Qashquai
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 6

Nissan Qashqai - Spanish Goldcar car Hire review of a Qashquai - Mapmaker
I have just come back from a holiday in the south of Spain having spent a few days and 500km with a Squashy.

Firstly, it was hired from Goldcar. They have a *terrible* reputation on the 'net for pushy salesmen upselling insurance, and fraudulent damage claims etc. etc. so it was with some trepidation that I booked through them, but it was Hobson’s choice so I bit the bullet... Needless to say they were nice, friendly and perfectly sensible when it came to the return. The car was £15 per day (their excess insurance was about £40 per day, but I bought that from a third party for £2 per day, they did take a €1200 deposit from my CC without the insurance).

Nearly brand new, but with a large scrape down one side, poor thing. It drove very nicely. Auto-stop-start, but with the aircon on full blast it only stopped *once* the entire time (about 500km).

What was the point of the Squashy though? There were two of us, and the boot fitted two hand-luggage-sized cases and a few odds and ends. It would have seated five in comfort, but what would they have done with their luggage? It’s a monster great car, tyres big enough for a bus, it sits high off the ground and there’s plenty of cabin space. But no boot space. I guess it’s good for putting a bike rack on the back, but nothing much else.

Big complaint, the visibility from the driver’s seat. Without the parking collision warning system it would have been completely impossible to drive. Indeed I had booked a much smaller car, but was ‘upgraded’ free as I was doing a one-way and it needed to go back home. In the narrow streets of old Spanish towns I cursed this upgrade several times!
 Messages Author Date
 Nissan Qashqai - Spanish Goldcar car H..  Mapmaker 15 Sep 17 11:01
 Nissan Qashqai - Spanish Goldcar car Hir..  rtj70 15 Sep 17 12:07
 Nissan Qashqai - Spanish Goldcar car Hi..  smokie 15 Sep 17 14:21
 Nissan Qashqai - Spanish Goldcar car H..  Bobby 15 Sep 17 21:16
 Nissan Qashqai - Spanish Goldcar car Hi..  PeterS 15 Sep 17 21:23
 Nissan Qashqai - Spanish Goldcar car H..  Zero 15 Sep 17 21:52
 Nissan Qashqai - Spanish Goldcar car ..  PeterS 15 Sep 17 22:05
Latest Forum Posts