Computer Related > Kaspersky - is it really a threat? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Hard Cheese Replies: 7

Kaspersky - is it really a threat? - Hard Cheese
As a Barclays customer I have had free IS software for some years, at one time it was F-Secure and for the last six or seven years it has been Kaspersky. I have found it to be excellent.

Barclays have withdrawn Kaspersky suggesting it might be a security threat itself, the following is from the latest reply to my enquiries on this:

--

The UK Government has been advised by the National Cyber Security Centre to remove all Russian products from being used in sensitive systems.

This is the reason why we’ve made the decision to no longer offer Kaspersky software to new customers. For our existing customers, there is no obligation to change provider. It is important that our customers continue to protect themselves with anti-virus software. We’ll continue to take every practical measure to ensure that our customer’s personal and financial details remain as safe and secure as possible.

Unfortunately Barclays is not able to recommend a specific alternative provider at this time, however we strongly believe that it is important that you continue to protect yourself with anti-virus software.

--

Any thoughts?

They say that for existing customers there is no obligation to change provider though they are not providing FOC license renewals.

Messages Author Date
 Kaspersky - is it really a threat? new Hard Cheese 11 Jan 18 11:16
 Kaspersky - is it really a threat? new Hard Cheese 13 Jan 18 14:16
 Kaspersky - is it really a threat? new smokie 13 Jan 18 15:07
 Kaspersky - is it really a threat? new Zero 13 Jan 18 15:46
 Kaspersky - is it really a threat? new smokie 13 Jan 18 16:50
 Kaspersky - is it really a threat? new Roger. 13 Jan 18 16:51
 Kaspersky - is it really a threat? new Hard Cheese 13 Jan 18 17:07
 Kaspersky - is it really a threat? new Hard Cheese 2 Feb 18 11:32
Latest Forum Posts