Motoring Discussion > End of PCP contract Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 7

End of PCP contract - Bobby
Trying to help my niece who is in London and I'm in Glasgow and she doesn't seem to know what she is talking about....

Anyway long story short, she has a PCP on a Polo which is coming to an end in June.She is wanting to pay the guaranteed future value, the admin fee and keep the car.

The only document she seems to have is one called "Sales / Suitability document" which, by the looks of it, is a record of their sales conversation at the time and the recommendations to take the PCP. This has the GFV stated on it.

I got her to phone the dealer but they are refusing to confirm the GFV until she comes in to the showroom and speaks to them. This is obviously to try and get her to buy new, take out a new deal or something to earn them commission.

Anyone on here had PCP that they have then kept car? Did you need to physically go back to dealer or can it be done with a "payment over the phone" or whatever?

(One of these nieces where every fact I asked her has actually turned out to be incorrect - at outset she told me it was a lease, no deposit , £140 per month and 6000 miles cap. In actual fact its a PCP, traded in her car so £3k deposit and the mileage cap is 9000 miles). However she only does 4000 miles so the GFV for her 3 year old Polo SE with 12k miles is only £5500. Similar cars are retailing for £3k more!
 Messages Author Date
 End of PCP contract new Bobby 25 Apr 18 10:14
 End of PCP contract new Paul Robinson 25 Apr 18 12:26
 End of PCP contract new Bill Payer 25 Apr 18 12:48
 End of PCP contract new Bromptonaut 25 Apr 18 14:45
 End of PCP contract new Falkirk Bairn 26 Apr 18 06:53
 End of PCP contract new Bobby 26 Apr 18 08:37
 End of PCP contract new FuzzyDuck 27 Apr 18 12:23
 End of PCP contract new DP 27 Apr 18 13:35
Latest Forum Posts