Motoring Discussion > Honda FR-V 3+3 MPV - Tools out today
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 9

Honda FR-V 3+3 MPV - Tools out today - Lygonos
Rear tyre on the FRV looked a bit squidgy last night, and sure enough found a nail in the tread and at 10psi.

Put on the space saver, ran to a nearby ASDA to check pressure - was at 51psi so topped it up to 60 as stamped on the tyre.

Took wheel to Costco this am and had it repaired/balanced.

Got home this evening and on removing the space saver noted the roll-bar droplink had completed separated at one end (two ball joints with an interconnecting rod).

Had been knocking a bit for an while, and these droplinks are the weakest thing on the car - 2-3 years seems average for them.

By God the nuts are a pita to undo - rusted in and the ball joint tends to simply rotate as you try to loosen in (Honda ones have an allen bolt hole in the end - absolutely useless by the time they need replaced - this GSF one looks much the samewww.gsfcarparts.com/527ho0140 ).

End result was (same as last time) using a blowtorch to destroy the plastic cup of the ball joint to allow the lower one to be separated (I don't have a grinder), then big mole grips on the ball while significant twisting force on the nut (oo er).

Fortunately had a droplink in the house that I'd been planning to use in a couple of weeks when doing its service.

Sweet as a nut again and no more clonking on the crappy roads.

I give it 3 months until the OSR link fails....
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 14 May 18 at 10:26
 Messages Author Date
 Honda FR-V 3+3 MPV - Tools out today new Lygonos 14 May 18 00:43
 Honda FR-V 3+3 MPV - Tools out today new Duncan 14 May 18 06:22
 Honda FR-V 3+3 MPV - Tools out today new sherlock47 14 May 18 07:05
 Honda FR-V 3+3 MPV - Tools out today new Lygonos 14 May 18 07:33
 Honda FR-V 3+3 MPV - Tools out today new RichardW 14 May 18 08:13
 Honda FR-V 3+3 MPV - Tools out today new Zero 14 May 18 09:41
 Honda FR-V 3+3 MPV - Tools out toda.. new sherlock47 14 May 18 09:55
 Honda FR-V 3+3 MPV - Tools out toda.. new henry k 14 May 18 11:10
 Honda FR-V 3+3 MPV - Tools out toda.. new Lygonos 14 May 18 15:20
 Honda FR-V 3+3 MPV - Interesting f.. new Lygonos 23 Jun 19 22:52