Non-motoring > "Grouting" a garden table Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 6

"Grouting" a garden table - smokie
I got a bargain table and chairs a few years back from Costco.

Well it wasn't initially a bargain, slightly under £1k IIRC, but the top started deforming within a couple of months, and they were going to replace it but the logistics seemed tyoo challenging for them so they gave me a full refund :-)

The table top is formed of tiles like in this picture tinyurl.com/y38fet2a , and some tiles had come unstuck and started to lift. I suppose once a bit of water got under them it accelerated it happening, and this year on uncovering the table about a third of the tiles are loose.

SWMBO would have been happy to live with it but I decided it's time to do something about it, so I got a tube of Gorilla glue and stuck down the offending tiles, after cleaning under them thoroughly.

Anyway the job's a good 'un already but does anyone have suggestions about what to use to grout them? It's a very dark grey, almost black. I know it won't match but once it's weathered I'm hoping it won't be too obvious. I believe you can get coloured grout but I'm not really sure if that's even the right stuff, and I doubt I could get anywhere near the colour.

Thanks in advance!
 Messages Author Date
 "Grouting" a garden table new smokie 19 Apr 19 17:04
 "Grouting" a garden table new CGNorwich 19 Apr 19 17:30
 "Grouting" a garden table new smokie 19 Apr 19 18:00
 "Grouting" a garden table new smokie 19 Apr 19 19:46
 "Grouting" a garden table new CGNorwich 19 Apr 19 20:14
 "Grouting" a garden table new Duncan 19 Apr 19 19:19
 "Grouting" a garden table new Dulwich Estate II 19 Apr 19 20:45
Latest Forum Posts