Non-motoring > As Seen on TV - Volume 18   [Read only]
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 107

As Seen on TV - Volume 18 - R.P.

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 19 *****

==============================================================

A place to discuss what's on TV that might be of interest to others. (exc. Top Gear, F1, for example - which have threads of their own)

PLEASE NOTE:-

To try and maintain some kind of logical order of discussion, if you start a new subject then reply to this post and REMEMBER to change the default subject header.

Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 18 Dec 19 at 02:18

The Eagle Has Landed. - R.P.
This is currently in iPlayer. I last saw it in around 1981 ! I recorded it on a Philips Video recorder with a massive VCR format cassette....

Great film - don't think I actually appreciated the quality of the production then. Even Donald Sutherland's ham acting now seems to work. He wears elbow patches...

The Eagle Has Landed. - Zero
Always one of my fav films, despite DS's s***** irish accent, love Donald Pleasance as Himler.

The Eagle Has Landed. - R.P.
He was perfect in that role.

The Eagle Has Landed. - zippy
Friend of the family was a stunt man in that film.

Catch 22 - R.P.
C4 soon. George Clooney production, looks rather good.

A Royal Team Talk: Tackling Mental Health - No FM2R
Worth your time to watch, it's on iPlayer.

Nothing devastating or earth shattering, no headlines, but worth watching.

Partly because it is about mental health, which should be a more open subject, and partly because it is an interesting program.

A Royal Team Talk: Tackling Mental Health - BiggerBadderDave
Wibble.

Looming tower - sooty123
Been watching this on iplayer, it's about the run upto World trade centre attacks and how and what the FBI and CIA were doing around that time. Just watched Episode 3, so far very good.

Looming tower - zippy
Caught this on Amazon Prime just after the first episode was shown on the BBC.

It's very watchable and I ended up watching 3 episodes an evening over three nights.

Chernobyl - sooty123
Just finished watching chernobyl, excellent. I really enjoyed it.

Chernobyl - VxFan
If accounts are true, and I can't see them not being so, then I learned a few things watching it. For starters, I always assumed it was genuine accident rather than human error.

Chernobyl - R.P.
Damn good programme watched the last episode last night. Scary stuff.Corporate/Government and individual incompetence.

Chernobyl - Zero
Got my last episode downloaded ready for Saturday night viewing.

Its been excellent.

Chernobyl - R.P.
Some great acting (lots of British actors) - superbly designed sets and locations. Really spot on.

Chernobyl - BiggerBadderDave
I thought the whole series was absolutely gripping. Food for thought. It's firmly on my bucket list now, I think I'll have to go and see the place, although I doubt the wife will want to.

I stumbled over this. Fabulous imagery and Suede at their best.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEJfWrfN15k

You see the sarcophagus at the end.

Chernobyl - Zero
Watched the last one last night. This was a series that started low key and just kept getting exponentially more dramatic. Excellent Television, Fantastic attention to detail in all respects, fantastically grim and chilling* cinematography some of the best I have ever watched on large or small screen, probably only matched by "bridge of spies"

*It spooked the dog. If you have been on a dog psychology course the signs were unmistakable. She was sleeping on the floor, started to have twitchy dreams, then awoke to start exhibiting "nervous" signals, yawning, excessive licking of snout, slightly tense, fur ever so slightly raised.

Same thing happened over the first three weeks episodes. I suspect it was the music soundtrack, the grainy flickery images, and probably subconscious signals given off by the humans in the room.

Chernobyl - VxFan
I liked some of the humour that was "thrown in" for good measure.

eg
Conversation with the young lad given a gun and told to go shoot every animal he could find, including pets. "Here lad, before you go, put these lead underpants on". No, you fool, wear it on the outside of your clothing"

Ride Upon the Storm - John Boy
www.channel4.com/programmes/ride-upon-the-storm
The best series we've watched this year. It's about religion, which I regard as the cause of a large proportion of the world's problems. Nevertheless, I lapped it up. The only Christian I know really well, who watched it, enjoyed it too.

Ride Upon the Storm - zippy
>>Religion

Funny thing is, if you went to a psychiatrist and said that you believed in a strange omnipresent being that could magic stuff in to creation you would probably be diagnosed as being a "loon".

A couple of billion people do it and it's totally OK.

Ride Upon the Storm - smokie
I'm not at all religious but my opinion is that religion is more about the way of life and the order and respect it brings rather than the advertising material that surrounds it.

Ride Upon the Storm - CGNorwich
Before you mock others take away your strange omnipresent being and and.describe the creation of the universe in scientific terms.

Or do you just believe there is a scientific explanation because you were told? A bit like religious people then?

Ride Upon the Storm - Zero
>> Or do you just believe there is a scientific explanation because you were told? A
>> bit like religious people then?

No, But i have enough of a scientific mind to know the world didnt happen in 7 days

Anyway, the Bible, Koran, Tanakh and other religious teachings and scripts were merely a way to make humans feel secure about their arrival and tenure on earth, provide a vague explantation* of unexplainable stuff and to provide some basis for a safe and moral way of life.

What various power crazed and morally corrupt organisations and individuals have done with religion since inception is the issue, to the extent where it is now conceptually bankrupt and dangerous, and quite frankly should be outlawed.

*Nowdays laughably inaccurate and naive, but back in the day? why not.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 14 Jun 19 at 10:10

Ride Upon the Storm - zippy
>> Before you mock others take away your strange omnipresent being and and.describe the creation of
>> the universe in scientific terms.

Who's mocking whom? Just pointing out that if there was no religion and one went to a doctor psychiatrist claiming what many religious people do claim and often fervently, then it wouldn't be too far a stretch to see them being fitting for a straight jacket.

It was just a comment. I am a catholic (small c because i don't practice) but that doesn't mean I don't have faith.

I also wonder, sometimes, if we aren't already, as suggested by a comedy on the box, in the "BAD PLACE". Humans blow up, hang, murder, execute, garrote, behead, rape, burn at the stake and more, those that share the slimmest different branches of the same religion - Muslims and Christians both and I guess others too!

Last edited by: zippy on Fri 14 Jun 19 at 11:35

I was pointing out that the current scientific explanations for the creation of the universe would appear to many of a non scientific education as more ludicrous than the existence of a supreme being. Try explaining quantum theory, the expansion of space, dark matter or black holes!

The fundamental problem with humanity is humanity itself. Religious belief and hatred is not the cause of the problem simply a symptom of our fundamental nature. War and violence, greed and selfishness is not an attribute of religion but of human nature itself.

There is no evidence that to outlaw religions would serve any purpose other than citing yet more hatred and intolerance . Atheist regimes can be every bit as violent as religious ones.

Ride Upon the Storm - BiggerBadderDave
"Atheist regimes can be every bit as violent as religious ones."

I'm as atheist as they get. But any religious type is welcome in my house.

Especially his mother.

Ride Upon the Storm - bathtub tom
>> "Atheist regimes can be every bit as violent as religious ones."
>> I'm as atheist as they get. But any religious type is welcome in my house.
>> Especially his mother.

I'm an atheist, and recall having deep, theological arguments discussions with a curate at the youth club I attended. His final comment was to describe me as one of the best Christians he knew. I think I know what he meant, but I wasn't insulted.

Ride Upon the Storm - Manatee
Nobody knows how the universe was created, or even if it was - it might always have been.

However.

The implied premise of the ridicule thing is that religious people take it all literally. I suppose some do, but I very much doubt that includes many of the intelligent ones or ever did.

It's easy to spot the inherent problem with monotheism. In a way they have the same problem as we hardened atheists, in that they can't actually prove that no god (or no other god) exists.

I was brought up with Quakerism as I might have mentioned before. I doubt very much whether any of the Quakers I knew then, or now, have a literal belief.

Ride Upon the Storm - Robin O'Reliant
Christianity is based on a book in which a man is raised from the dead, a blind man regains his sight after his eyes were touched, five thousand people were fed with five loaves and two fishes, water is turned into wine, a stick turns into a snake and a virgin is put up the duff by a ghost, among other things.

If it was written today it could be entitled, "Harry Potter, The Prequel".
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Fri 14 Jun 19 at 16:35

Ride Upon the Storm - Ambo
I can't recall where I read it, but it seems that the possibility of a virgin birth cannot be ruled out entirely. The other examples you quote were maybe meant to be allegorical.

>> I can't recall where I read it, but it seems that the possibility of a
>> virgin birth cannot be ruled out entirely. The other examples you quote were maybe meant
>> to be allegorical.
>>
All Catholics (Certainly of my generation and beyond) were taught those as being irrefutable facts.

The virgin birth was one girls excuse for a one night stand that got seriously out of hand. Try that one today to explain how Tracy from Romford got a bun in the oven.

Ride Upon the Storm - Haywain
"I can't recall where I read it, but it seems that the possibility of a virgin birth cannot be ruled out entirely."

Aphids can do it (parthenogenesis).
Last edited by: Haywain on Fri 14 Jun 19 at 22:51

>> "I can't recall where I read it, but it seems that the possibility of a
>> virgin birth cannot be ruled out entirely."
>>
>> Aphids can do it (parthenogenesis).

I never really got the difference between an aphid and an agnostic........

Ride Upon the Storm - Haywain
"I never really got the difference between an aphid and an agnostic........"

Difference:

Aphids on yer roses = bad

Agnostics on yer roses = utter disaster

Ride Upon the Storm - tyrednemotional
...I once had Jehovah's Witnesses on my roses.

They were awfully difficult to get rid of.......

Ride Upon the Storm - Ambo
>>Jehovah's Witnesses...awfully difficult to get rid of.......

Aren't they just? I realise their religion obliges them to make these calls but they should realise that most people regard them as pests. I have twice complained to their pastor and got a few months' respite but they always return in the end.

Ride Upon the Storm - Duncan
>> >>Jehovah's Witnesses

I have half considered having a touch screen on the front door of my principal UK residence. The screen would light up when the door bell was rung and a series of questions would be asked.

A parcel delivery? Are you sure you have the correct address? Read out the address - no, this is not 13, Acacia Avenue, Tunbridge Wells! This is The Manor House, Weybridge.

And so on.

Ride Upon the Storm - R.P.
but they always return in the end.

Isn't that what their belief promises them. They've not been here - we live in the country, 1/4 mile from the main road - You need to be able to move quickly if the dogs are in the garden..

I normally have a chat with them if I have time although I think their beliefs rather odd
Pleasant enough people who don't cause any trouble. Part of life's rich tapestry.

I worked with a Jehovah's Witness for a while. He was good to be with, because he went about everything with enthusiasm. I particularly remember him going out of his way to make me comfortable at a social occasion where I felt like a duck out of water. Asking idly why he became a JW was a mistake though - he interpreted that as a sign that I was lacking in the spiritual department.

Mt SiL and family are in one of these happy clappy religions. They invite JWs in to have a debate with them about the merits of each particular belief, each side trying to convert the other.

The person I referred to showed me photos of a "Kingdom Hall" being constructed to a simple design using bricks and mortar. Once the foundations had been laid, the building was completed in a weekend, by a large group of volunteers, ready for a service on the Sunday evening. I found that very impressive. Apparently, it's a system they often use:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOkjneqg5I0

Ride Upon the Storm - Rudedog
Maybe not everybody's cup of tea but I happened to catch this on R4 Comedy at 6.30 one evening, quite an eye opener about JW practises from a former member putting them in a cult status especially their attitude to females.

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07x6mf3

Ride Upon the Storm - bathtub tom
JWs have a 'black book' of addresses they don't knock at. Ask politely to be included and they won't bother you more than the once more when they'll ask if you're sure you don't want to speak to them. Haven't had them knock at my door for over thirty years, although I often see them walk past.

Ride Upon the Storm - Lygonos

Considering my wife is currently requiring regular blood products to avoid being dead, they can stick their particular variety of voodoo up their bottoms.

Can always direct them to---> whywontgodhealamputees.com/

>>
>> Considering my wife is currently requiring regular blood products to avoid being dead,

Had a few myself quite recently, Jolly good they were too. Not as good as Gin mind you, but then I guess the JayDubyas dont approve of that either.

I think they believe in drinking in moderation.

Talking of blood donation why do so few men actually donate? Percentage of male donors far short of women and numbers continue to decline.

Ride Upon the Storm - sooty123
Talking of blood donation why do so few men actually donate? Percentage of male donors
>> far short of women and numbers continue to decline.
>>

What is the split between men and women donating? I can't say I really notice any great difference last time I went.

Ride Upon the Storm - Rudedog
I've had quite a few JWs pull out of procedures (major and minors) right as we are taking them to theatre even after pre-op assessments, causes plenty of issues with rescheduling, we even bought a cell-saver machine especially but can only really be used for cases losing a unit or two.

I wonder why they leave it so late to decide they don't want the operation?

>> Mt SiL and family are in one of these happy clappy religions. They invite JWs
>> in to have a debate with them about the merits of each particular belief, each side trying to convert the other.
>>

That's very public spirited of them.

Homecoming ( Amazon) - R.P.
Produced by and starring Julia Roberts. Beautifully made.

Gomorrah sky Atlantic - sooty123
The 4th series is available on Sky Atlantic. The last three series have been very good, hopefully this is as good. If you've not heard of it, it's about italian crime families set mainly in Naples.

Wild Bill - No FM2R
Starring Rob Lowe about an American who comes to Lincolnshire to become the Chief for East Lincolnshire Constable.

Well worth an hour of your time once a week. Rob Lowe is much better than I expected him to be, though that may be because I never saw West Wing and apparently he was pretty good in that also.

Though I did hear some whining about the accents, because that's really important.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 7 Jul 19 at 21:29

Wild Bill - sooty123
I watched the first one, not sure whether I liked it or not. Might try it again on catch up.

As to the accents, it's not a show stopper but it does stick out like a sore thumb, particularly as the location was sold as a big part of the fish out of water premise of the show.

Wild Bill - No FM2R
I think it gets better, though to be fair I enjoyed the first one as well.

I think the attention on the accents is ridiculous. Just people seeking a reason for an opinion. If they don't like it, then I believe they are free not to watch it.

And anyway, I couldn't tell the difference though I wouldn't care if I could.

Wild Bill - sooty123
>> I think it gets better, though to be fair I enjoyed the first one as
>> well.

That's good to know, the show at first glance reminded me a bit of death in paradise. its based on a similar premise.

>> I think the attention on the accents is ridiculous. Just people seeking a reason for an opinion. If they don't like it, then I believe they are free not to watch it.
>>
>> And anyway, I couldn't tell the difference though I wouldn't care if I could.

I lived around that area for several years until recently,.I recognised several of the locations they filmed in. It did seem a bit odd that a show that played heavily beforehand on where it was shot and set in got nearly all the actors to speak like they were from South Yorkshire (ish). It wouldn't stop me from watching the show if I liked it, but it is a bit of an obvious clanger.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Sun 7 Jul 19 at 22:03

Wild Bill - Zero
Watched it for the first time last week. It was a mess, a contrived unbelievable mess

Wild Bill - No FM2R
How could a fictional TV programme be uncontrived?

Wild Bill - Kevin
Easy watching light entertainment with storylines that don't tax the grey matter too much. Not as shabby as Zero makes out, if you like that sort of thing.

Wild Bill - R.P.
I think what Zero is saying is that as Police procedural it has holes the size of Lincolnshire in the plots. Watched two didn't bother after that. Even Richard Brunstrom found scant time to run around in full old fashioned uniform after criminals..

Wild Bill - Zero
Contrived as in utterly unconvincing scenario, characters and plots, Mess as in really badly acted scripted and shot.

The Sweeney was fictional, Between the lines was fictional, didn't seem in the least bit contrived.

Panorama Tonight: Is Labour Anti-Semitic? - zippy
A crying shame in this day and in my view, the total fault of the current leadership.

Weird MovieCredits - Kevin
Watched a old movie last night called Race the Sun about a Hawaiian high school who entered the 1990 solar powered car challenge in Australia.

Weirdest credit I've seen at the end of a movie.

"Cockroach Handler"

Star Trek Discovery - zippy
On Netflix.

Very good if you like that sort of thing.

Marcella - No FM2R
Has anybody seen this? Is it any good?

It looks like it ought to be.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcella_(TV_series)

Marcella - smokie
Yup, I enjoyed the first two series. Another one in the making apparently.

Marcella - Manatee
The boss and I watched the first 2 series. She likes all the Scandi-type stuff.

It's fairly good as these things go although the central character is not especially sympathetic and credulity, as with all these flawed, anguished yet utterly brilliant detectives, is stretched continuously.

This looks set to continue in series 3 when apparently Marcella, whose gimmick is having blackouts that she is left with no memory of, goes undercover.

I'm better at watching these things in fairly close succession - watching episodes weekly I have trouble remembering plot and characters.

Marcella - tyrednemotional
>>
>> I'm better at watching these things in fairly close succession - watching episodes weekly I
>> have trouble remembering plot and characters.
>>
...that'll be the blackouts you're having but can't remember...... ;-)

Trapped - Netsur
Have a look at Trapped, an Icelandic Scandi-noir series (x2) on BBC. Really enjoyable, so much so, I am going to the town where they filmed it, this summer.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 26 Jul 19 at 02:20

what went wrong with crossrail - sooty123
It was on ch5 tonight, not the most of in depth shows but although I've heard of the project I've not got much knowledge of the project. Some of the cost over runs for specific stations seemed crazy. Whitechapel went from something like, 130m to 600m.

I reasonable way to pass an hour, I learnt something about the project.

Berth 24 - zippy
A British Transport film.

It's currently showing on Talking Pictures and is a glimpse of a ship arriving at Hull docks before containerisation (1950).

The number of people employed to unload the ship, the number of train wagons, vans etc was astonishing.

Well worth 40 minutes of your time.

Containerisation has a lot to answer for job loss wise!

Berth 24 - Robin O'Reliant
>>>>
>> Containerisation has a lot to answer for job loss wise!
>>

And a lot to be thankful for theft prevention wise. If you lived anywhere near the docks and something came in on a ship you could get it less than half price.

Berth 24 - Zero
Most of my extended family elders were dockers. there were more tea leaves sitting round the kitchen table at family tea times than in the pot.

Berth 24 - Fullchat
The total number 'employed' to unload the ship would have been significantly higher than those actually unloading it. The docks where the last bastion of extremely restrictive practices.
 Berth 24 - Robin O'Reliant
I worked with quite a few ex dockers in the seventies and eighties. They were the laziest bar stewards you could ever come across, the only thing they would work hard at was finding ways to avoid doing any actual work.

Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Sun 22 Sep 19 at 21:50
 Berth 24 - CGNorwich
I doubt that many of us would have been able or wanted to do a days labouring in the Docks in the fifties. My uncle died in a horrible accident in the West India Dock when he was crushed to death and my Aunt received little in compensation. Yes there was a lot of petty theft and skiving but the work was b***** hard. And those in professional work are not without their very own restrictive practices.

Berth 24 - Zero
>> I doubt that many of us would have been able or wanted to do a
>> days labouring in the Docks in the fifties.

Few of those employed did. About 30 minutes max between fag, tea breaks, and card games.

Antiques Roadshow. - Zero
Blimey, woman just been on with her fathers medals.

A pilot for 617 squadron on operation chastise, later shot down and sent to Stalag Luft III

Can any one other man possibly have such strong connections to two of the best WW2 film scores.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K32Adi8nmzA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5w2lixqPZM

Antiques Roadshow. - R.P.
Max Hastings' excellent looking book arrived today...by coincidence. My sister went out with the son of a radio operator from 617. He was mentioned by name in Brickhill's book. Tenuous link

More than halfway through the book today - readable but not up to Hastings' usual standard...unless something changes, but still a good read.

The book got better. Going to stop reading now. Trouble is with the 'net you keep looking stuff up.

Well worth a visit
dambustersblog.com/2019/10/
 Antiques Roadshow. - Clk Sec

>> Well worth a visit

Certainly is. Thanks, R.P.

Antiques Roadshow. - Duncan
Antiques Roadshow is not a programme I normally watch. Happened to catch the end of it yesterday and the expert talking about WW11 Nazi memorabilia from Rommel was the same person who came to my Probus last week to talk about VCs. Small world, or something.

Antiques Roadshow. - helicopter
Was that Mark Smith Duncan? Excellent speaker.
I was at his talk on the VC with my son last Sunday in Croydon. He talked for an hour and a quarter without notes and handed around a real VC which he owns , we were told by him not to try sneaking out with it because' however fat and old I look, I WILL catch you'. It is worth around £250,000.

I was privileged to meet up at the talk with 98 year old Harry Winter ,one of the only surviving members who served in Bomber Command . He was shot down and as a POW was on the long march .

I had a long chat with him about my uncle who was also in Bomber Command but was shot down and did not survive.

Last edited by: helicopter on Mon 21 Oct 19 at 08:02

Antiques Roadshow. - Duncan
Yes, it was Mark Smith. Must have been exactly the same talk, even the bit "I may be fat and old, but I will stop you"!

I sat next to him at lunch afterwards. Fascinating man.

I have to say that I had heard the talk before and it was much the same but still entertaining, like the story about the first recipient who was seriously stabbed in the chest by the pins used to attach the medal to his uniform by Queen Victoria when her horse moved as she presented it.

'I was more seriously wounded receiving the VC than winning it'.

Link to talk by Mark Smith attached.

youtu.be/xj4YwIyAJB0

The Naked Civil Servant - Robin O'Reliant
Biopic about the life of Quentin Crisp on Talking Pictures TV at 10pm today. Brilliant film that I haven't seen since it aired on the Beeb in the seventies. I worked in a macho east end factory at the time and it was the talk of the canteen next day and the first time I ever heard a widespread sympathetic attitude to a gay man in that environment.

Giri/Haji - helicopter
Recorded the first episode and watched it today and was so taken with it I am now on Episode 4 as the whole series is on iPlayer.

Very watchable .

Giri/Haji - R.P.
Bookmarked that thanks

Giri/Haji - smokie
Finished binging Giri/Haji the other night. I enjoyed it, SWMBO less so. Bit weird at the end though.
Last edited by: smokie on Fri 22 Nov 19 at 07:47

GCHQ Scarborough - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50098955

This should be an interesting listen.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 21 Oct 19 at 09:20

Long Lost Family - R.P.
A mawkish programme I avoid at all costs - not least because of its awful presenter...Tonight's episode seems more interesting.

www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week43/long-lost-family-special-unknown-soldiers

Inside The Duchy of Cornwall - No FM2R
Not to be watched if you're one of those bitter anti-royalists, but I'm not and I really enjoyed this....

Prince Charles - Inside The Duchy of Cornwall

Two episodes, no doubt you can find it on Catch-up if you want to.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 2 Nov 19 at 21:11

War of the Worlds. - R.P.
Mmmmm nice production but lacking a little something. My generation has had WofW ruined by the Album...which was so brilliant you didn't have to actually have any visuals..!

War of the Worlds. - Zero
>> Mmmmm nice production but lacking a little something.

Martians, terror, suspense, horror, to name but a few

It's terrible, made to appeal to the Poldark audience

We ( dog and I) went to Horsel Common to watch them film and added our bit to the background screams. In the strange world of filming schedules, the last bit to be filmed was Horsel common and the opening scenes to shown

Vienna Blood - CGNorwich
On BBC 2 last night. Sort of fin de siecle Freudian detective series heavily influenced by Sherlock.

Quite good fun as long as you didn’t examine the plot too closely. If you were a brilliant doctor come sleuth would you choose to interview your suspect, a psychopathic murderer, alone in a carriage of a fairground big wheel high over Vienna? That’s going to end well:-)

Will watch next week’s episode.

War of the Worlds. - zippy
>> Mmmmm nice production but lacking a little something.

I love the War of the Worlds story and make a point of seeing all versions - even Independence Day is based loosely on the story.

The BBC version is pretty but so far that's it. Not a lot of depth.

I just need to add this one to the list to see if its any good...

www.imdb.com/title/tt9686194/?ref_=nv_sr_2?ref_=nv_sr_2

The Mule. - R.P.
Clint Eastwood is 90 years old. He is the main character in this movie. As usual awesomely done !

The Mule. - Zero
Ooo forgot about that one, I'll download it asap.

The Mule. - tyrednemotional
...lightweight, and reminded me a bit too much of Gran Torino.

The Mule. - R.P.
And me as well, the soundtrack was great though ! We need lightweight films sometimes.

Le Mans 66 - CGNorwich
Saw this at cinema yesterday. Story of how Carroll Shelby and Ken Miles cooperated to build a winning car for Ford in the 1966 Le Mans 24 hour race. Matt Damon and Christian Bale in leading roles.

Not really a fan of motor racing but the film did generate a level of excitement and was good entertainment. Although I felt it was about 20 minutes overlong not a bad way to spend a drab afternoon

Le Mans 66 - R.P.
It's on Sky Cinema as well - my next watch :-)

JL/Waitrose xmas Ad - No FM2R
I absolutely love the dragon and Christmas pudding advert for John Lewis/Waitrose.
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 21 Nov 19 at 02:13

JL/Waitrose xmas Ad - CGNorwich
It’s a very small pudding for a family that size.
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 21 Nov 19 at 02:13

JL/Waitrose xmas Ad - R.P.
As is the dragon !

Latest Forum Posts