Non-motoring > Untimed deliveries Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 7

Untimed deliveries - smokie
In my experience they sometimes don't try very hard to find a neighbour, and other times leave a quite valuable parcel on full view.

Being a bit mutton, I have repeat ringers around the house but I still might miss the door if I was in the garden, especially if I was mowing the lawn or something. (Yes, I have one portable battery one too, which I always either forget to take out, or forget to take in afterwards!!!). And anyway they often knock on the door rather than use the bell.

Where poss (eg eBay and Amazon) I get deliveries to a local shop and go and collect.

My youngest has just got one of those WiFi doorbells with a camera and microphone. If she's out and a delivery man calls she can speak to him, and ask him to leave it somewhere or with a neighbour. She gave me access to her app so I can see how it works. I've been keen to get one, but they mostly don't have separate ringers so if you aren't carrying your phone you may miss it. Well, that's the case on the cheapies I've been looking at,...)
 Messages Author Date
 Untimed deliveries new smokie 20 May 19 14:29
 Untimed deliveries new Zero 20 May 19 14:44
 Untimed deliveries new smokie 20 May 19 14:52
 Untimed deliveries new Bromptonaut 20 May 19 17:01
 Untimed deliveries new Bobby 20 May 19 17:11
 Untimed deliveries new R.P. 20 May 19 17:37
 Untimed deliveries new sooty123 20 May 19 17:58
 Untimed deliveries new smokie 20 May 19 18:11
Latest Forum Posts