Computer Related > Subject line in email Computing Issues
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 11

Subject line in email - Duncan
Department of concerning oneself over trivia.

I have ordered a couple of things from ebay and in the confirmatory the subject is:- an icon consisting of a green square with a white tick in it, followed by 'Order confirmed'.

The green square irritates me, it make my email inbox page look untidy. Lidl and one or two other companies do something similar. How can I get rid of the logo/icon, short of deleting the email?
 Subject line in email - smokie
I'm not sure you can, but even if you could the knock-on effect could be more impacting than a few unsightly ticks. I'm thinking along the lines of disabling HTML, so I may well be barking up the wrong tree.
 Subject line in email - No FM2R
Forward it to yourself, change the title, delete or refile the original.
>> Forward it to yourself, change the title, delete or refile the original.
>>

Is the right answer! Well, the answer that works.
Too late for an edit!

Why on Earth do we have a five minute time limit on edits?

I was going to say that the 'from' is now me, not ebay.

Worry. Worry.
 Subject line in email - VxFan
>> The green square irritates me, it make my email inbox page look untidy.

Create sub folders, and put the relevant emails in there.

From Amazon
From Ebay
From Auntie Doris
From Cousin Brenda
etc.

Then you won't see those emails in your inbox, but will still have them to hand for possible future reference.

>> Lidl and one or two other companies do something similar.

You keep emails from LIDL!!!!
Just checked. There are 14,018 emails in my inbox. Apart from spam, just about everything is kept.

Sub folders? Not sure I CBA, to be honest. Yahoo is my provider, I can type 'Cousin Brenda' in a box and the results pop up. That's good enough for me.
 Subject line in email - VxFan
Hmmmm!

On one hand, you seem OCD about your emails and how they're presented,

but on the other hand, very disorganised in keeping them tidy.

;)
Yeah, probably right.

1. I don't know to set up folders and that sort of stuff. I can quite quickly find Aunt Doris's last half dozen emails, if I want to. So the keeping things in some sort of order works well enough for me.

2. I will confess that I have an aversion to a number of things. One is shellfish. One of the other things is emojis, emoticons, or what ever else they are called, in emails. I think they are childish. If anyone wishes to say that is irrational, then so be it. Companies inserting emojis into the subject line of an email annoy me.
 Subject line in email - Zero
tinyurl.com/yxhn9fbu
Yes, yes.

But what about my aversion to crustaceans?
 Subject line in email - MD
Crushed what?
Latest Forum Posts