Computer Related > Hosting emails Computing Issues
Thread Author: Netsur Replies: 7

Hosting emails - Netsur
I have two domains as follows: -

familyname.co.uk
familyname.uk

They are used for email only.

The first is operated by IONOS 1and1 and hosted by a local IT company for £60 + VAT. We have had this for many years.

The second was offered to me recently for free by the IT company and is operated by lark-uk.com. This one has a problem in that my home internet provider BT seems to think it very dodgy and will not let us connect to it at all. Cannot even get to it via webmail. Away from BT all is fine.

I mentioned this to the IT company but they weren't overly helpful and mentioned operating through Google Suites at £5 per month per address (we have six addresses per domain). Seems a bit of overkill to get rid of us.

I have also spoken to my business IT provider but although they shed some light on it they couldn't suggest anything different.

I like the .uk domain. It is shorter and makes it feel more personal compared the .co.uk domain. But I do see people using similar private domains for email and clearly they don't pay fortunes.

Does the forum have any ideas or suggestions for someone who is fairly illiterate on internet matters?
 Messages Author Date
 Hosting emails new Netsur 28 Jun 19 12:06
 Hosting emails new smokie 28 Jun 19 12:45
 Hosting emails new Netsur 28 Jun 19 13:37
 Hosting emails new smokie 28 Jun 19 19:00
 Hosting emails new VxFan 29 Jun 19 20:01
 Hosting emails new Netsur 29 Jun 19 23:45
 Hosting emails new smokie 30 Jun 19 00:56
 Hosting emails new VxFan 30 Jun 19 19:45
Latest Forum Posts