Technical Car/Motor Issues > Nissan Note - 12 1.6 Bluetooth question
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 5

Nissan Note - 12 1.6 Bluetooth question - Bobby
Bluetooth works fine for phone calls.

When using google maps on the phone , phone obviously sends the sound to the Bluetooth but the car doesn’t play it.
I am guessing this is probably stemming from pre Bluetooth streaming days and the radio just can’t do it?

Any thoughts?
 Nissan Note - 12 1.6 Bluetooth question - VxFan
It's probably muting everything except voice calls, for safety/distraction reasons.
 Nissan Note - 12 1.6 Bluetooth question - Pezzer
My 2012 3 series is the same - it will only do phone calls via Bluetooth not any music or Apps. I think this was an extra/upgrade. However I have a cheap e-bay sourced USB Bluetooth gismo which has a wire which feeds into the Aux socket and this handles phone based music. Streaming services and Google Maps (and calls if i wanted it to). It plugs into my USB socket for power but could use the cigarette lighter + adapter.
 Nissan Note - 12 1.6 Bluetooth question - No FM2R
Pezzer, have you got any kind of link for that gadget? Thanks.
 Nissan Note - 12 1.6 Bluetooth question - Pezzer
Apologies haven't checked in for a couple of days. I have had mine ages so have lost the link but if you key in 'Bluetooth to Aux' into ebay you get pleny of hits.
THe one I bought was hinged on the usb connector so that it would sit more comfortably in the arm rest cavity where both the Aux In and USB are situated.

HtH
 Nissan Note - 12 1.6 Bluetooth question - Zero
>> Bluetooth works fine for phone calls.
>>
>> When using google maps on the phone , phone obviously sends the sound to the
>> Bluetooth but the car doesn’t play it.
>> I am guessing this is probably stemming from pre Bluetooth streaming days and the radio
>> just can’t do it?

Yes its a mismatch in Bluetooth compatibility/function levels.
Latest Forum Posts