Motoring Discussion > New type of road surface? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: devonite Replies: 3

New type of road surface? - devonite
We, and another village near here have just had the "main-drag" through the town resurfaced, (if you can call it that) - nothing special, a Ha'peth of Tar spoilt by a coating of sharp-edged Granite chippings chucked over it . Usually they don't even roll-it, just run a Sweeper over it and call it done! -This time however, they have done, but with some type of Caterpillar-tracked machine which has left the whole of the road area corrugated for the entire length of the workings - about a mile.
When driving over it at 20, the whole car vibrates, hums and rattles, as do your teeth and ears!!
I would estimate at first glance so to speak, that 90% of the traffic that used that road, now are using various other rat-runs through the town turning quiet residential streets into busy roads!

The Granite chippings are bad enough, I reckon they cut 10,000 miles off my tyre life! but these corrugations will cut 10yrs off your car life.
I hope they were caused inadvertently by an inept contractor who will be charged with righting said mess at their own expense (not my Council Tax!) and NOT a new style of surface being sprayed out across the County.

Strong letter of Fire an Brimstone on it's way to Whitehaven - as I suspect are many more!!
 Messages Author Date
 New type of road surface? new devonite 17 Jul 19 11:12
 New type of road surface? new Fullchat 17 Jul 19 13:26
 New type of road surface? new Manatee 17 Jul 19 13:44
 New type of road surface? new R.P. 17 Jul 19 14:50
Latest Forum Posts