Motoring Discussion > Car wow! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 4

Car wow! - Crankcase
I'm the kind of person who agonises forever about car buying, and about getting the right price.

Yesterday, I came across the other kind of buyer. Settle down, and I'll bore you with it.

Took my Ford Focus in for five year service. I'd already checked the price on the web (£205 with a discount voucher I'd found), so was pleasantly surprised for the dealer to offer a price of £162. Given that includes a year of Ford UK, European and "at home" breakdown cover, that was pretty impressive. Especially as when they did the bill, unmentioned by them and not asked for by me, the oil had a 50% discount. Who knows?

ANYWAY, the story.

Whilst waiting (as I had chosen to do), in their swanky new showroom, a chap came in. He had one of those voices that carry, older gentleman, with his wife. Awfully well spoken, the type Cambridge is full of. His conversation with the slightly open mouthed sales guy was:

Man: Hello. I've just made some changes to the garaging for my cars, and the B-Max is a bit too wide to go in. Do you have something narrower?

Sales guy: Well, I, um, I'd have to check...

Man: (walks to new Mondeo): Oh look, this is nice. Is this narrower than my B-Max?

Sales guy: Well, I...

Man: Oh yes, very nice. Look, I'll test drive it tonight ok?

Sales guy: There's a £2000 manager's special on that car sir.

Man: Really? Oh well - (to wife) look dear, it looks about the right height. Yes ok, never mind the test drive, it's a Ford. It's got more toys than I really wanted, but...yes, all right, I'll have one then.

Walks off with sales guy to do deal.

That is not a world I understand at all, but good luck to him! Hope the sale went through.

Last edited by: Crankcase on Sat 3 Aug 19 at 09:13
 Messages Author Date
 Car wow! new Crankcase 3 Aug 19 09:13
 Car wow! new Runfer D'Hills 3 Aug 19 09:36
 Car wow! new sooty123 3 Aug 19 11:13
 Car wow! new henry k 3 Aug 19 12:56
 Car wow! new zippy 3 Aug 19 14:51
Latest Forum Posts