Non-motoring > Once upon a time in Hollywood. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 3

Once upon a time in Hollywood. - Zero
Quentin Tarrentinos latest. I have avoided a few of his recent films, never seen the kill bills for example, but last night went out to our newest local cinema to see 'OUATIH"

WOW. despite being over 2.75 hours long not one moment did I wonder why I was there to see it. QT has gone overboard on the heavily indulgent cinematography, with some amazing lighting, tricky but fun camera angles, and the attention to period detail is on OCD levels, if you like 60s american car scene - land yachts to pony cars - whole city scapes full of them, with a good choice of period music.

There is no plot, its a series of 60's hollywood cinema/tv pastiches, spot the genre, at the Playboy mansion spot the 60s celeb - from Mama Cass to Steve McQueen, its full of humour, (the Great escape scene is fantastic) got some pathos, and although has some QT trademark stylised gory violence its not much and its relevant.

I say it has no plot, but it does have a message/theme, which is the end of 60 peace & love hippydom with an alternate version of the the Manson murders (which annoyingly you twig 3/4 of the way through the film)

I could see it again, less than 24 hours later and still be wide eyed enthralled.

YMMV of course.
 Messages Author Date
 Once upon a time in Hollywood. new Zero 23 Aug 19 09:02
 Once upon a time in Hollywood. new R.P. 23 Aug 19 13:31
 Once upon a time in Hollywood. new Ambo 24 Aug 19 10:48
 Once upon a time in Hollywood. new legacylad 2 Sep 19 22:19
Latest Forum Posts