Computer Related > Dual Sim Problems Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 3

Dual Sim Problems - Bromptonaut
My mobile is a Motorola G5 (XT1676) with a dual SIM facility.

I have two SIMs installed. Slot 1 is card on 3 which is essentially a backup, slot 2 is my main provider PLusnet. That card is configured as preferred SIM for Data, Voice Calls and SMS.

If I wish I can configure it, via contacts, to use the 3 card for specified contact numbers. I'd also expect to be able to receive incoming calls to my 3 number should somebody choose to use it.

However, wherever I am in UK the 3 Network shows as voice calls only. I cannot call out even to numbers selected to use 3 Attempts to call to the number receive a 'this number is not currently available' message.

Whilst on holiday in France it worked as expected; Plusnet and 3 both seem to roam by preference on the Orange F network.

I've tried to get help from 3's (offshore) contact centre but lost faith pretty quickly when told issue was that one SIM Slot on my phone only supports 2G networks. When I corrected that, pointing out that swapping cards between slots made difference we went through a 'remove card' check. I'm then told I have to select 'always ask' instead of PLusnet for voice. That of course has no effect either.

Inevitably I get a bit impatient at which point the operative starts talking down to me about 'trying to make me understand'. I gave up before my blood pressure went off scale.

Any ideas?
 Messages Author Date
 Dual Sim Problems new Bromptonaut 2 Sep 19 17:13
 Dual Sim Problems new No FM2R 2 Sep 19 17:22
 Dual Sim Problems new Bromptonaut 2 Sep 19 21:57
 Dual Sim Problems new tyrednemotional 3 Sep 19 07:46
Latest Forum Posts