Motoring Discussion > Pressure washers and car cleaning Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 10

Pressure washers and car cleaning - legacylad
I live just off a non classified road, which connects to the B6480 on the Giggleswick side of Settle. I drive up and down it regularly, and as cattle are regularly moved field to field across this road my car is often liberally covered on its flanks by cow muck. Rather than let it dry on and hope for torrential rain, a quick pressure wash gets rid of most of it, so it’s at least a weekly job for me.
My 14yo Stihl 126 pressure washer failed recently, water cascading out through the casing. The local dealer tried to repair it, failed, and it isn’t economically viable to pursue further repairs.
Should I replace it with a Karcher K4 @ £180, or a slightly more expensive Stihl which would allow me to keep the existing lance and nozzles as spares ?
A third alternative, offered me by my small local dealer who retires and closes down imminently, is to purchase from him @£180 a second hand Karcher (HD 6/13 4M) which I rented from him recently to clean all my patios. A great machine, but OTT for domestic use, and no warranty...new price is circa £700+
Any suggestions from you sensible folks appreciated
 Messages Author Date
 Pressure washers and car cleaning new legacylad 11 Sep 19 12:31
 Pressure washers and car cleaning new Bobby 11 Sep 19 13:00
 Pressure washers and car cleaning new VxFan 11 Sep 19 13:27
 Pressure washers and car cleaning new legacylad 11 Sep 19 14:00
 Pressure washers and car cleaning new Fullchat 11 Sep 19 16:13
 Pressure washers and car cleaning new Duncan 11 Sep 19 16:47
 Pressure washers and car cleaning new VxFan 11 Sep 19 19:40
 Pressure washers and car cleaning new Bobby 11 Sep 19 22:38
 Pressure washers and car cleaning new legacylad 12 Sep 19 11:16
 Pressure washers and car cleaning new VxFan 12 Sep 19 13:20