Motoring Discussion > Skoda Fabia - 1.2 12 valve - a gift Miscellaneous
Thread Author: hawkeye Replies: 6

Skoda Fabia - 1.2 12 valve - a gift - hawkeye
The car turns out to be a little cracker. Didn't need all the junk I took to make a dead car work. S-i-L took it to ASDA for some chaps to wash it, vac it out and black the tyres. It's comfortable, able to keep up with the traffic and IMO in pretty good condition for its age.

Issues;
1. NSR door only opens when it feels like it. Tha car had a bump with a foreign lorry on a roundabout which resulted in some hysteria from the driver (nephew's wife) and 2 new LH doors. I can hear the mechanism clunk inside the door when it's locked and unlocked. Maybe the linkage was damaged during the accident or repair. The door card has to come off for a good dose of looking at.

2. Brake servo assistance is often missing altogether and the tickover is uneven. That's a trashed servo-to-manifold pipe. Now bodged with self-amalgamating tape and cable ties but not tested.

3. Coolant drip from NS of radiator. I'll treat it with Bars Leaks and see what happens.

4. Air con noisy and weak. It will get recharged by the local indie soon.

5. Rear parcel shelf trashed and opening cords missing. This will be ignored.

6. The dash display says "INSP". I'll interpret that when son lets me have sight of the handbook.

7. Battery weak from being stood for months when flat. It's on the battery charger and desuplhator.

It feels good to have petrol cars in the drive again.
Last edited by: hawkeye on Fri 20 Sep 19 at 16:10
 Messages Author Date
 Skoda Fabia - 1.2 12 valve - a gift new hawkeye 16 Sep 19 22:37
 Skoda Fabia - 1.2 12 valve - a gift new Lygonos 16 Sep 19 22:50
 Skoda Fabia - 1.2 12 valve - a gift new hawkeye 16 Sep 19 23:02
 Skoda Fabia - 1.2 12 valve - a gift new legacylad 17 Sep 19 00:00
 Skoda Fabia - 1.2 12 valve - a gift new Duncan 17 Sep 19 05:48
 Skoda Fabia - 1.2 12 valve - a gift new hawkeye 20 Sep 19 16:09
 Skoda Fabia - 1.2 12 valve - a gift new Bill Payer 20 Sep 19 16:27
Latest Forum Posts