Non-motoring > Hotel Noise :S Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 10

Hotel Noise :S - Fullchat
This weekend saw a pre planned , like 12 months ago on the last trip, a 3 day motorcycling trip into the Cairngorms. 2 nights at a hotel on Perth Racecourse. Wet on the way up Friday, mostly dry and clear on the Saturday for a good ride over Glenshee, Braemar and back via Grantown and Pitlochry when it rained later on. Home again Sunday when it really rained a blew. Some real kit drying and cleaning to do.

Our hotel was of modern 2 storey construction. It was well gone midnight and coming from the room above was the sound of someone noisily constantly walking around the room. I mentioned it at breakfast to the guy in the next room who said he had heard something and it may have been a Rotweiller which belonged to one of the guests. Yes probably.

What he did say though was that he always tried to book a room on the top floor to avoid the 'furniture movers'. The constant sound of furniture being moved. This suddenly awakened memories of exactly the same phenomena which I had observed on more than one occasion.

I know there is sometimes the sound of the usual hotel shenanigans but have any other of you seasoned travelers also experienced the 'furniture movers'? Not that there is much furniture in your average hotel room.

Its a quiet day :)
 Messages Author Date
 Hotel Noise :S new Fullchat 7 Oct 19 11:36
 Hotel Noise :S new Zero 7 Oct 19 12:49
 Hotel Noise :S new R.P. 7 Oct 19 14:26
 Hotel Noise :S new henry k 7 Oct 19 14:42
 Hotel Noise :S new Bromptonaut 7 Oct 19 14:42
 Hotel Noise :S new Duncan 7 Oct 19 15:48
 Hotel Noise :S new No FM2R 7 Oct 19 15:59
 Hotel Noise :S new Netsur 7 Oct 19 16:13
 Hotel Noise :S new tyrednemotional 7 Oct 19 16:21
 Hotel Noise :S new bathtub tom 7 Oct 19 16:32