Non-motoring > Any electricians here? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 12

Any electricians here? - smokie
...or someone knowledgeable - we have a few of those don't we :-)

I bought a new model of wall light switch, WiFi and voice controllable of course. I'm experimenting with geofencing using IFTTT too :-) The exciting bit is that, unlike most of the other switches on the market, it doesn't require a neutral so is good for UK lighting rings.

It arrived today and I've just got it set up (on a "test bed" - my office). Initial WiFi config was a struggle but it's all working now.

I'm using it at the moment with a standard old fashioned light bulb, not LED.

The rather sparse manual is here dl.itead.cc/sonoff-t4eu1c/SONOFF_T4EU1C_user-manual.pdf

One of the bits in the box was the "flash elimination module". Fitting that today would have been too much effort so I didn't, and it seems to be working OK.

Anyone have any idea what it might do, and whether/when it's absence might make a difference?

One application for one of these switches would be for a ring of LED downlighters e.g. in my hall so where would I put the module, if required (I mean in the circuit!!)

(Aside 1 - I think I have found WiFi PIR switches which would enable hand over to this light switch the switching on of lights on based on movement detection but not have them switch themselves off after a few minutes like most PIR switches seem to)

(Aside 2 - Ultimately I would like to fit a few of these but the gubbins on the back of the switch makes it deeper than my wall pattresses (is that what the are??) so it's probably a longer term project than I thought. And they only have 1 gang switches at the moment, which don't require a neutral).

Messages Author Date
 Any electricians here? new smokie 5 Nov 19 15:32
 Any electricians here? new tyrednemotional 5 Nov 19 15:53
 Any electricians here? new smokie 5 Nov 19 16:12
 Any electricians here? new tyrednemotional 5 Nov 19 16:21
 Any electricians here? new smokie 5 Nov 19 16:24
 Any electricians here? new tyrednemotional 5 Nov 19 16:27
 Any electricians here? new Fursty Ferret 5 Nov 19 17:53
 Any electricians here? new sherlock47 5 Nov 19 18:47
 Any electricians here? new Zero 5 Nov 19 18:53
 Any electricians here? new sherlock47 5 Nov 19 19:08
 Any electricians here? new Zero 5 Nov 19 19:31