Computer Related > Excel Macros Computing Issues
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 9

Excel Macros - zippy
>> >IT have refused.
>>
>> Are you sure that the bank would approve of you using home grown, unsupported and
>> untested code for business use?
>>

I understand your point. They don't care, they call it end user computing and don't monitor or support it.

Internal audit have seen it so it is recorded. It is not using any personal info and is GDPR compliant.

The number of these systems and processes used by areas of the bank is frightening. I have worked at 3 banks - they are all the same.

I have even seen another department program their reports - not database reports but word docs based on findings - to be written by a macro changing sentences from a library and just inserting figures. For example: "The borrower owes £1m, repayable over 60 months and their credit score is 100%" and if the macro was run the next day it would read "The loan to the customer is £1,000,000 repayable over 5 years. The customer is fully credit covered" and the staff in the dept. do very little real analysis anymore. The reports are quite complex - and run to 20-30 pages depending on what is required but they are about 90% automatically created by end user macros and VBA.

Messages Author Date
 Excel Macros new zippy 12 Nov 19 01:08
 Excel Macros new smokie 12 Nov 19 08:22
 Excel Macros new zippy 23 Nov 19 14:15
 Excel Macros new smokie 23 Nov 19 18:41
 Excel Macros new zippy 23 Nov 19 20:27
 Excel Macros new No FM2R 23 Nov 19 19:05
 Excel Macros new zippy 23 Nov 19 20:25
 Excel Macros new zippy 23 Nov 19 20:34
 Excel Macros new Kevin 23 Nov 19 22:07
 Excel Macros new zippy 23 Nov 19 23:43
Latest Forum Posts