Non-motoring > Peruvian Toilet Sloth Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 19

Peruvian Toilet Sloth - CGNorwich
www.sciencealert.com/in-the-peruvian-amazon-rainforest-sloths-were-eating-human-poo
 Peruvian Toilet Sloth - bathtub tom
Labradors are renowned for similar.
 Peruvian Toilet Sloth - Zero
I know of a lurcher rescued from travellers that used to break out of its new home and hot foot it down to a nearby lay-by frequented by overnight lorry drivers for a human poo snack.
I think there may be a lesson to be learned from the herbivorous sloth for vegans.
 Peruvian Toilet Sloth - Ambo
When I first read the heading I assumed it referred to something I observed in some small South American hotels. Paper could not be flushed down the toilet but had to be deposited in a nearby box, no doubt for disposal by a chambermaid.
You obviously don’t holiday in Greece. Still the system on most of Greece, especially the Islands. You soon get used to it and I suppose in some ways it makes a lot of sense.
 Peruvian Toilet Sloth - Kevin
>You soon get used to it and I suppose in some ways it makes a lot of sense.

The problem on many islands is disposing of the loo paper. The loo bins are usually lined with a plastic bag and the maids just tie 'em up and drop them in the roadside trash bins. The bins are then emptied and the contents dumped and often burned. Noxious smoke and bits of plastic bag getting blown around. We've seen some pretty grotty dump sites from the boat while sailing around less touristy parts of the islands.
Depends on the Island. Corfu probably the worst with ongoing waste disposal problem.

Disposed of properly system does work. Remeber when you throw your loo paper down the pan it doesnt disappear form the planet, it still has to be disposed of somehow!
 Peruvian Toilet Sloth - Kevin
>Disposed of properly system does work.

Of course it depends on individual islands but the fact is that very few of them have their own facilities to dispose of plastic bags full of loo paper so it gets dumped and burned. Much better to flush paper down the loo and deal with it all at a treatment works but that isn't possible with Greece's small bore sewerage systems.
 Peruvian Toilet Sloth - Dave_
>> Labradors are renowned for similar.

I used to work with someone who let his dog out into the garden every morning whereupon it would do its business, eat yesterday's, and head back indoors. There was only ever one dog egg at a time in his garden.

He said it didn't seem to have any adverse effect on the hound, apart from halitosis.
 Peruvian Toilet Sloth - Dog
>>I used to work with someone who let his dog out into the garden every morning whereupon it would do its business, eat yesterday's, and head back indoors.

My Beauceron used to eat 'extras' as we used to call it - he would even lick his lips at my Englsh Pointer's 'doings'.

I cured 'im by spraying the doings with cheap mouthwise - a trick I learnt on-line from a god owner.

They must learn it in the litter - my Rhodesian Ridgeback never did it at all at all.
 Peruvian Toilet Sloth - devonite
Welcome back Dog! - I hope you don't share the other Muttleys fine cuisine too! ;-)
>>I hope you don't share the other Muttleys fine cuisine too! ;-)

No, but I've certainly had some Shi'ite pasties in my time.

:o}
And people let these creatures slobber over them and sleep on their beds. Yuk!
There are over 7 million dog owners in the UK so there must be something in being owned by a dog.

I'd have another one, but the ole woman says we've got two too many already!
>> There are over 7 million dog owners in the UK so there must be something
>> in being owned by a dog.
>>
A tolerance for dog crap in your garden I guess! I sort of understand the dog ownership thing I think but I couldn’t live with that.
 Peruvian Toilet Sloth - The Melting Snowman
This thread has reconfirmed the reason we don't have dogs. Filthy creatures.
I suppose we're fortunate to have enough land for the gods to 'go on' plus immediate access to vast swathes of open country.

I've been owned by dogs from a very early age, and understand the critters. Sure they can be a pain at times, but I wouldn't want to be without them.
 Peruvian Toilet Sloth - Zero
>> And people let these creatures slobber over them and sleep on their beds. Yuk!

Funnily enough none of those owners, or their prodigy suffer from allergies or require epipens if they smell a roasted peanut stall 500 yards away.
How come dogs get peanut allergies then? Are they the ones that don't eat enough crap?

www.pets4homes.co.uk/pet-advice/peanut-allergies-in-dogs.html
Latest Forum Posts