Motoring Discussion > Hyundai i30 - Sat Nav fault - main dealer knows not a lot ! Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Dulwich Estate II Replies: 3

Hyundai i30 - Sat Nav fault - main dealer knows not a lot ! - Dulwich Estate II
A curious one. The inbuilt satnav in the car is happy enough and identifies its location on start up. But after a few miles of driving it starts to drift away from its actual location. The issue is best described as what happens when the sat nav will not snap-back to the road map when a new, not updated road system is driven. It seems lost, tries to follow the new road and soon wanders off into the fields, only snapping back when the car comes back to a length of old road it knows about.

The poor woman starts barking out contradictory directions, wants U-turns and the map shows roads a couple of miles away from where I actually am. I've since got back from the dealer, parked up and my satnav doesn't tell me I've reached my destination - it shows me I'm in a side street a mile away.

The main dealer will collect it from my house next week and try and navigate back to the glass palace.

PS It's a warranty issue otherwise I'd not be using the main dealer.
 Hyundai i30 - Sat Nav fault - main dealer knows not a lot ! - legacylad
The dealer will probably decline but you can always ask ( nicely) for an i30N demo loaner
 Hyundai i30 - Sat Nav fault - main dealer knows not a lot ! - No FM2R
I had exactly that fault a some years ago on a BMW. In that car it turned out to be an an antenna fault, or maybe the antenna wiring - I forget. Either way, noise/interference was occurring.

I do remember that it was an easy fix.
 Hyundai i30 - Sat Nav fault - main dealer knows not a lot ! - Dulwich Estate II
Thanks, sounds very plausible in my case too. I'll mention it.
Latest Forum Posts