Non-motoring > Latest Spam/Phishing email Company Cars
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 16

Latest Spam/Phishing email - No FM2R
I just received an email containing this.....

"We are writing to alert you that your outlook account has been suspended.

To remove any restrictions, you need to confirm your email address and log-in using the following link
"

Aside from how stupid I'd have to be to click a link on *any* unsolicited email, they seem to be ignoring the fact that if my email account had been suspended, then I wouldn't actually have been able to read that email.

It scares me how stupid people must be if that kind of half-baked con actually works.
 Latest Spam/Phishing email - Bromptonaut
>> Aside from how stupid I'd have to be to click a link on *any* unsolicited
>> email, they seem to be ignoring the fact that if my email account had been
>> suspended, then I wouldn't actually have been able to read that email.

I've had same mail/same thought. OTOH I suppose it would be possible for Microsoft to suspend external e-mail and still send admin messages.

Oddly enough though by time I saw the message there were another 10 subsequent arrivals from expected sources.

Perhaps, but this would seem to be a strange question for them to ask you......

>>you need to confirm your email address

Still, this s*** clearly works. Which is why we have usage instructions on shampoo and a note on the packaging for curling tongs which says "for external use only".

Funny world.

Still, they say the average person is stupid, and logically half the world is more stupid than the average man, so perhaps I shouldn't be so surprised.
And then I receive this....

"Attention to your full payment

I wish to use this medium to inform you that your full payment $1.2 million (One Million Two Hundred Thousand Dollars) from Central Bank of Benin has been approved for onward released to you via Visa ATM card which you will use to withdraw all the $1.2 million in any ATM machine in any part of the world but the maximum you can withdraw in a day is $5,500 Only. We have mandated United Bank for Africa Benin to send you the ATM Card and PIN CODE which you will use to withdraw all your $1.2 Million in any ATM machine in any part of the world,

You are hereby advice to contact the Head of ATM Card Department of United Bank for Africa Benin as follows: E-mail address: edwardrevjamesi3@gmail.com Contact person is Rev. James Edward, inform him that you received a message from the office of the Senate instructing him to send you the ATM CARD and PIN CODE which you will use to withdraw your $1.2 million in any ATM machine in any part of the world. Also send him your direct phone numbers and contact address where you want him to send the ATM CARD and PIN NUMBER to you, but you have to pay the processing fees $175 for the claims your ATM card as the non resident Tax clearance charges.

Thanks for adhering to this instruction and once again accept our congratulations.

Mr. Mark John
Compensation Agency.
Central Bank of Benin"

Do you realise how much money is made/lost because people actually respond to this s***? Even *my* parents would spot this one.
 Latest Spam/Phishing email - Runfer D'Hills
I reckon it's only folk who've been on dodgy websites that get this stuff. All I get is ads for bikes.
;-)
Both my cell phone and my email address are regularly posted in various places and circulated, not necessarily by me. It's kind of inevitable.
 Latest Spam/Phishing email - Zero
Blimey, you have to visit the cash point over 218 times to get your dosh, thats more visits than I am making to the loo
>>thats more visits than I am making to the loo

Stop showing off.
 Latest Spam/Phishing email - zippy
>>Spot this one...

People under pressure do silly things. Had a client ask us to transfer an eyewatering sum to a new account.

Automatic checks showed a few large payments being sent to it from our customers, its just this one was really large.

We contacted the bank (different co) and they confirmed it was a new account.

Apparently a "Mr D Ell" - not the real used name but you get the idea - is a real name and was able to pass KYC, including electoral role and driving licence - so some time in the development of the con.

We stopped the payment and it appears that the customer was expecting to pay for a new IT system, PCs, Servers, etc and got a letter - not email with change of bank details. There were typos in the letter that should have given concern, but as we become less strict with grammar and punctuation, these things get missed.
 Latest Spam/Phishing email - Duncan
>> There were typos in the letter that should have given concern,
>> but as we become less strict with grammar and punctuation, these things get missed.

There you are - us pendants are actually doing you a favour!
So sorry to intervene on such a small matter, but I do rather feel that your "us" should have been a "we" Duncan. But I'm not going to dwell on it.

;-)
 Latest Spam/Phishing email - tyrednemotional
...and strictly speaking, it would be Zippy's client that had been the recipient of the favour, not Zippy himself...

..but as you say, hardly worth the candle. ;-)
I am pleased you left 'pendants' untouched.
 Latest Spam/Phishing email - tyrednemotional
..I'm "woke" enough to know that you shouldn't touch anyone's pendants uninvited...
>> I am pleased you left 'pendants' untouched.

Rest assured, it didn't go unnoticed, but it would have seemed churlish to be too harsh when it could, charitably, have been taken as an attempt at irony.

I think we can give that one the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

Jolly good effort otherwise.

;-)

If I remember correctly a lady contributor, now sadly barred, first posted 'pendant'. I think it was a typo then. I was attempting to be humorous.
 Latest Spam/Phishing email - Zero
BBD might be interested in this one.

Hello my dearest beloved,

I am Mrs.Aziza Zubair

Please my dearest beloved, do not feel embarrassed or disturbed by my email to you. I am married to Late Sir Gerald White Zubair, a prominent business man and a pro-human right activist here in Burkina Faso, West Africa before his untimely death in 2013.

During my late husband's lifetime, he deposited the sum of EURO 4,630.000.00 € in one of the leading banks here and informed me concerning it. We intended to use this fund for charity and investment purposes for the up keeping/ future of our daughter Juliet Zubair, who is currently 15 years of age.

I returned back home with my daughter Juliet from France, after the sudden death of my late husband, and decided to settle permanently with my daughter due to the way my late husband's brothers started selling off our properties because of my situation.

I am contacting you because I want you to help me in securing and investing this money for the future and education of Juliet Zubair (my daughter ), since I am incapable of doing so due to my deteriorating/ bad health situation occasioned by cancer which had lead to my doctors informing me that I might not last. Presently, my situation has worsened that I am unable to do things on my own without the help of my little Juliet.

I do not intend to leave this fund as my daughter is too young to handle it as desired by my late husband, also, my late husband`s relatives are not worthy to be trusted with this fund due to their wickedness towards my daughter and I since my condition deepened.

I have discussed this issue with my daughter and have resolved to make available to you 15% of the total money for your efforts and labor. I shall be expecting your reply- mail so that I will give you the contact of this bank with some information to enable the concerned bank release this fund to you without difficulties, while undertaking this noble responsibility.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Mrs.Aziza Zubair.
Latest Forum Posts