Motoring Discussion > Finally changed my tyres Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 1

Finally changed my tyres - Rudedog
Just when there was nothing going on and suddenly two tyre chats come along...

A while back I posted a question about rotating tyres with my intention being to buy four new tyres and have a four-wheel alignment done... in the end my tyre tread depth didn't really drop that much although they were slightly noisy.

Decided to change them last Friday.

Bought four Michelin Pilot Sport 4's from ATS for a total of £330 fitted, I was going to get the wheel alignment done at the same time but the ATS small-print says they don't include camber adjustment in the price on their laser alignment which is what I wanted to check.

Ended up going to a very local tyre place that uses a Hunter setup and charged £70 for four wheel toe and camber adjustment (would have got the tyres here but they just couldn't match the ATS price).

I also asked the guy to look at the rear suspension as I could hear a slight metallic noise when rolling side-to-side over small bumps, turns out both rear drop-links are worn which is an easy fix and something I'm going to do myself (bought the parts already), just need the weather to be kind to me one weekend.

New tyres are very nice even though I've only had them a short while and a big improvement over the previous Michelins (old Primacy HP's).

Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 15 Jan 20 at 02:07
 Finaly changed my tyres - Lygonos
>> also asked the guy to look at the rear suspension as I could hear a slight metallic noise when rolling side-to-side over small bumps, turns out both rear drop-links are worn

Practically a service item on the FRV
Latest Forum Posts