Computer Related > Moving stuff from SSD drive to Data drive (W10) Computing Issues
Thread Author: tyro Replies: 4

Moving stuff from SSD drive to Data drive (W10) - tyro
I have hung on to Windows 7, having liked it and been used to it, and not really liked what I saw of Windows 10.

However, I decided it was time to move, so I got a new laptop. I wanted a bigger hard drive - the old one has about 400 GB, but I wanted something bigger, so the new Window 10 computer has 1 TB. I opted to get one which also has a 117 GB SSD.

What has thrown me is that the USERS file is on the SSD drive (along with programmes files and Windows) , instead of the larger 1 TB hard drive. I thought it was just a matter of dragging the file from one drive to the other. But it seems most reluctant.

When I have tried to drag big files from the SSD to the Data drive, I get this message saying "There is not enough space on the SSD. You need an additional 35gb to copy these files."

Huh? I'm trying to move them OFF the SSD and on to the Data Drive?

Why did they put the "users" file on the smalller SSD drive? What is going on? How do I get the users file off the the SDD drive?
 Messages Author Date
 Moving stuff from SSD drive to Data dri.. new tyro 29 Jan 20 12:48
 Moving stuff from SSD drive to Data drive.. new Zero 29 Jan 20 13:25
 Moving stuff from SSD drive to Data driv.. new tyro 29 Jan 20 15:48
 Moving stuff from SSD drive to Data dri.. new No FM2R 29 Jan 20 16:26
 Moving stuff from SSD drive to Data dr.. new smokie 29 Jan 20 16:31
Latest Forum Posts