Motoring Discussion > Aston Martin - Aston saved yet again
Thread Author: Netsur Replies: 5

Aston Martin - Aston saved yet again - Netsur
It does seem that Aston Martin is a company that will not die but cannot live with constant injections of external cash... Surely it should be put out of its misery?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51323241

Over the last 20+ years all I have seen are the iterations of the same design that first appeared with the DB7. They are not distinguishable from each other. Whereas I would always hanker after a Lamborghini I just do not get the excitement over Aston.
 Aston Martin - Aston saved yet again - Zero
>>Over the last 20+ years all I have seen are the iterations of the same design that first appeared with the DB7.
>> I would always hanker after a Lamborghini I just do not get the excitement over
>> Aston.

I fundamentally disagree, While I accept they are and always have been a financial basket case, apart from the odd aberration they have consistently produced some of the finest looking automobiles of the period. Every time I pass HWM motors in Walton my jaw drops and my eyes well with tears at such a fine display of gorgeous looking cars.

I do not like SUV's, but only Aston* have managed to make one that looks sexy and fast.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO9jwBH1Ob0

*even if you take The Alfa Stelvio

Aston Martin - Aston saved yet again - Lygonos
Lamborghini?

Current variants look like they've been modified by a barryboy with a lottery win.

Some of the classic variants are a bit grim too

youtu.be/gH65wZfN62k
 Aston Martin - Aston saved yet again - legacylad
DB4, DB9, Vanquish. Sex on wheels.
Captain Beefheart’s album ‘Lick my decals off, Baby’ suits them perfectly
Last edited by: legacylad on Fri 31 Jan 20 at 20:36
 Aston Martin - Aston saved yet again - MD
This bloke is a Knob.
 Aston Martin - Aston saved yet again - Lygonos

>>This bloke is a Knob.

If you don't like Mat Watson, here's the DBX review by "my Knob"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wtMg2a2xk