Non-motoring > Latest Threat to Forums Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Kevin Replies: 6

Latest Threat to Forums - smokie
"...this forum the discussion may reasonably extend into politics, and other matters where exchanges can get heated and should be moderated appropriately."

I think you joined too late to see the BREXIT discussions here, which often got quite heated.

As a moderator I would say it is quite difficult to police a forum. While you hope for civilised discussion, once a certain line is crossed( and that line is in different places for different people, (including the moderators) you have to make a decision when to intervene.

This forum was intended to be light touch as far as moderating goes but the BREXIT discussions caused a lot of friction. Without wishing to pick at old scabs, we were rightly or wrongly often accused of favouring or dis-favouring particular members. We were accused of not doing enough moderating by some, and also of doing too much and not enough by others. Some members left, presumably because the moderating didn't do enough or did too much for their liking. I won't go on, but you get the idea.

So I've no idea how would one decide what "moderated appropriately" is, in terms of moderation.
 Messages Author Date
 Latest Threat to Forums new Kevin 13 Feb 20 20:52
 Latest Threat to Forums new Bromptonaut 13 Feb 20 21:06
 Latest Threat to Forums new R.P. 13 Feb 20 21:11
 Latest Threat to Forums new zippy 13 Feb 20 22:40
 Latest Threat to Forums new Terry 13 Feb 20 23:14
 Latest Threat to Forums new smokie 14 Feb 20 00:13
 Latest Threat to Forums new Avant 14 Feb 20 00:41
Latest Forum Posts