Non-motoring > Dixons Carphone and Laura Ashley Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 9

Dixons Carphone and Laura Ashley - zippy
Dixons Carphone Warehouse is shedding 2,900 jobs and Laura Asley is entering administration.

The first of many I fear.

Best wishes to all impacted by this it is not going to be easy to find new jobs at the moment.
 Dixons Carphone and Laura Ashley - Lygonos
Plenty of vacancies for GPs and nurses...
 Dixons Carphone and Laura Ashley - Manatee
The Dixons Carphone one hasn't come out of the blue. They told analysts some time ago that the Carphone side of the business was in decline owing to people keeping phones longer and moving to SIM only.

The worry now however must encompass all retailers - if we have many months, maybe a year or more, of social distancing then what use are the physical shops?
 Dixons Carphone and Laura Ashley - No FM2R
Many forests become more healthy after a forest fire has cleared out the rubbish.
 Dixons Carphone and Laura Ashley - Zero
The carphone warehouse one was well planned well before the CV scare, and as for Laura Ashely, is this the third time they have gone bust?
 Dixons Carphone and Laura Ashley - CGNorwich
Some never recover though and just turn in scrubby wasteland.
 Dixons Carphone and Laura Ashley - tyrednemotional
>> Many forests become more healthy after a forest fire has cleared out the rubbish.
>>

But, if a tree then falls in that forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
 Dixons Carphone and Laura Ashley - No FM2R
I rather subscribe to Alfred Korzybski's perspective...

"A difference that makes no difference is no difference at all."

Paraphrases quite neatly to WGAF.
 Dixons Carphone and Laura Ashley - CGNorwich
I would approach the problem from a physics perspective. There is is no such physical phenomena as sound What we call sound is only a pressure wave moving through air. "Sound" is simply how the brain interprets that wave. Hence if there is no one in the forest to interpret that pressure wave there can be no "sound". You could of course argue that other creatures of the forest might detect the wave in a similar way to humans and so the them there would be sound.
 Dixons Carphone and Laura Ashley - Zero
>> I would approach the problem from a physics perspective. There is is no such physical
>> phenomena as sound What we call sound is only a pressure wave moving through air.
>> "Sound" is simply how the brain interprets that wave. Hence if there is no one
>> in the forest to interpret that pressure wave there can be no "sound".

It entirely depends on which fo the two parallel universes you are in.
Latest Forum Posts