Non-motoring > CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 23

CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - legacylad
Jet2, always my preferred low cost carrier from LBA, my local airport. I should have flown with them to Alicante last Saturday 9/05, with my old mum and a few friends. Full flight refunds hit my bank account 4 days after we should have flown. Big thumbs up.

Ryanair. Unfortunately sometimes I have to fly with them as alternatives aren’t available. Why do they make it so hard to get a refund? I don’t want a voucher. Still waiting after they cancelled my flights back mid March.

Property rentals. I’m confident the long established family sales and letting company I always deal with (Ferrando in Moraira) will not cease trading so happy to defer dates until I can return. I paid in full for May back in February, and also paid in full for September-November. Paid using my Revolut card.

Car rental through the broker DoYouSpain. Paid using my Revolut card. Refunded in full within 48 hours when I cancelled the May booking. Another thumbs up.

Airport car parking...Booked via MSE with Sentinel at LBA. Prompt refund less an £11admin fee per booking. Friends who booked direct with Sentinel, and paid a little more, got a full refund. Lesson learnt.

Hotel in Jersey, 5 nights late June. Paid in full. I’ve been told I can expect a full refund 4/6 weeks after the proposed arrival date. We shall see.

Aurigny Air for my return from Guernsey in July want me to have a voucher. Another long wait for a cash refund expected as I have different plans for next year.
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - smokie
Do You Spain refused me a refund when I dropped out of my Portugal holiday early and didn't take up the second car hire I'd booked. It was a non-refundable so I wasn't surprised.

My Europe trip which I ought to have been coming back from today:-

Eurotunnel - no refund option, 12 month credit note
2 x AirBnb bookings in Germany - had to sweat on them a bit but nearly at the last minute AirBnb paid full refunds
Nearly all hotels.com hotel bookings refunded (most were non-refundable) but again some played hardball (surprisingly, Holiday Inn in Germany was one of the worst)
Belgian hotel would only give 12m credit noe but as we plan to do the same trip next year they agreed to extend it to 13 months (but also said it will be more expensive next year which si annoying)

EDIT Mate's daughter's wedding next weekend - we'd booked to stay at the venue, non-refundable. The did agree to repay but due then to having furloughed everyone who knew how to operate the systems the refund has taken weeks.
Last edited by: smokie on Sat 16 May 20 at 14:08
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - sooty123
Smokie, the euro tunnel credit note did the 12 months start from when you booked it or when you were due to travel?
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - smokie
Sooty - Eurotunnel credit is redeem within 12 months for travel within 2 years.
>> Sooty - Eurotunnel credit is redeem within 12 months for travel within 2 years.
>>

Thanks, I've a relative in the same boat but last time we spoke ET were saying 12 months from booking and no flexibility. I'll see how they get on with that.
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - Manatee
I had an economy return Harwich-Hook with car and cabins, about £300, booked for 20-24th May. Stena has refunded at my request although they offered a credit note.

Also had the hotel booking in Duiven refunded weeks ago.
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - Lemma
We were due to go to Costa Rica to visit friends in April. Our daughter was coming as well, but travelling at different times. We were all travelling with BA. We booked with Trailfinders who have said they will refund us eventually, maybe a 12 week wait. Our daughter booked with Hoppa, an American website, using my card. I am rather more concerned about getting the cash back from them but if there is a problem I will revert to the credit card company.

Various places in Europe booked via AirBnB, all refunded within four days. Fortunately I had held off booking Eurotunnel and the various hotels booked as stopovers all cancelled with ease.

I reckon we have got off fairly lightly, but I am concerned about the Hoppa refund. A lesson learnt here is to book through a UK based supplier and one of repute. Trailfinders have booked my trips for decades and I will advise my daughter to book with them in future.
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - Zero
I'm banking on 6th July for vacation choices easing, UK anyway. To that end I have booked to invade Norfolk 13th July for a first base camp shakedown experience.
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - CGNorwich
Good choice (unless it’s Yarmouth).
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - No FM2R
I always enjoy Hunstanton. I was a member of the sailing club there for years.
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - CGNorwich
Nice beach, pink striped cliffs and a favourite with kite surfers.
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - zippy
Love Norfolk. Have had some great family holidays there!
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - bathtub tom
>> I always enjoy Hunstanton. I was a member of the sailing club there for years.

In-laws bought a holiday home there. We were poor, with kids, so usually went there at least a couple of times a year. I came to loathe it, although the kids see it through rose-tinted glasses and usually go back each year.

Sailing club? Not at low tide. Last time I was there it looked like you could walk to Skeggy.
>>Sailing club? Not at low tide.

Your own keys to the clubhouse, secure equipment storage, and right on the beach, what's not to like?

Mostly windsurfing and dinghies though.

I'll see if I can find a link to it.
Great place.

www.hunstantonsc.co.uk/
>> I always enjoy Hunstanton. I was a member of the sailing club there for years.

Know it well.

Only place on the East coast where you can see the Sun Set in the west over the sea.
>> Good choice (unless it’s Yarmouth).

Its not. Tho I did a weekend dog show nearby (Plantation Park) and had the best walk along a deserted sea shore with the dog, followed by superb Fish n chips - Caister.
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - zippy
>>Caister

Was on the beach at Caister in the first week of last September. Feels like eons ago now.

When the kids were young we stayed at the big holiday camp there. The kids had a fantastic time.
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - bathtub tom
>> I'm banking on 6th July for vacation choices easing, UK anyway. To that end I
>> have booked to invade Norfolk 13th July for a first base camp shakedown experience.

I'd advise somewhere closer to home, like your driveway. I did a shakedown with a new 'van, only to find we didn't have a corkscrew!
Sunny hunny it was known locally, I remember the god awful queues from the Hardwick roundabout on any day in the summer it was remotely sunny!

>> I'd advise somewhere closer to home, like your driveway. I did a shakedown with a
>> new 'van, only to find we didn't have a corkscrew!

This is me, There is a corkscrew already in the van cutlery drawer
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - legacylad
Screw top wine bottles. It’s the future.
Unlike Larios
Will be taking Gin

Not Larios.
 CV 19 affected trip bookings,refunds etc - Dave_
I booked and paid last November for a 10-day fly'n'flop all inclusive to Crete with SWMBO and her two boys (11 and 9) at the end of August with loveholidays. Cancellable parking with JetParks through HolidayExtras.

Personally I don't mind whether we go or not (I spent the first 4 weeks of lockdown furloughed, staying at home with my family all day, keeping the children entertained and educated, eating too much, and drinking heavily each evening, so I don't actually *need* a holiday any more), but the good lady is really reluctant about all aspects - the airports, the flights and the resort.

I've got an annual Premier travel policy with LV, but of course that only pays out if one or more aspects are actually cancelled or the FCO advice remains in place. I paid on a credit card so Section 75 is a last resort. I'm not reading many good things about loveholidays at the moment, but I understand the financial mechanics behind these operations. Just got to wait and see.
Last edited by: Dave_ on Wed 20 May 20 at 22:32
Latest Forum Posts