Motoring Discussion > The Law of Sod Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 19

The Law of Sod - Robin O'Reliant
After a break of about six years I caught the motorcycling bug again, not least through reading bike magazines during idle moments in the shop. So this morning a brand new Lexmoto Isca 125 arrived in a dealers van (20 mile trip, FoC).

Half an hour before it turned up I tripped over a mat in the kitchen and tore a chunk of flesh from the little finger of my left hand, which fortunately did not detach completely. A trip to A&E (Mercifully empty) saw the necessary repair done, but my little pinky is now attached to it's neighbour with a splint and a thick wad of dressing.

That means at least a week before I can ride it, and with hot weather predicted as well I'm stewing :-(
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Sat 16 May 20 at 14:45
 The Law of Sod - Fullchat
I feel your pain, not being able to ride your new bike that is, not the pain emanating from your little finger.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Sat 16 May 20 at 14:49
No pain from the finger, but I'm suffering mental torture.
 The Law of Sod - sooty123
Dangerous things motorbikes, don't have to be on them and they're causing accidents!

:)
 The Law of Sod - Duncan
>> a brand new Lexmoto Isca 125 arrived in a dealers van (20 mile trip, FoC).

I looked at these a couple of days ago. I was amazed how cheap they are!
 The Law of Sod - zippy
Nice. Stay safe.
 The Law of Sod - Manatee
Be careful with the digit especially if there's any possible problem with the blood supply. Friend of mine degloved his ring finger by getting his wedding ring caught in some racking. Had it all stitched up and was told to keep it raised, including when asleep. He more or less ignored this and it went a funny colour, ended up being amputated.
 The Law of Sod - carmalade
These are cheap for a reason . They are very poor quality. A friend bought one for his son , had so many issues within 2 months , he sent it back for a refund and bought a Honda instead . Good luck with any warranty claim .
 The Law of Sod - bathtub tom
>> These are cheap for a reason . They are very poor quality. A friend bought
>> one for his son , had so many issues within 2 months , he sent
>> it back for a refund and bought a Honda instead . Good luck with any
>> warranty claim .

I've heard this too. It seems they attract folk with money to invest and set them up as dealers. There's no support or spares, so the dealers get lumbered with warranty claims and go broke.
>>
>>
>> I've heard this too. It seems they attract folk with money to invest and set
>> them up as dealers. There's no support or spares, so the dealers get lumbered with
>> warranty claims and go broke.
>>

We'll see.
 The Law of Sod - Dog
Old Roverboy's (HJ) experience with his Chinese MG was enuff for me!
The bike will only be a summer toy, dry miles and garaged. From what I've read in the motorcycle press the Chinese have considerably upped their game in recent years and they don't get bad reviews. A couple of local trainers have Lexmotos in their fleet and if they can survive that they can't be too bad.

Time will tell however, but the biggest plus for me was having a local dealer with an excellent reputation. The nearest Jap one is seventy miles away which would be a pain if there were problems. And no way am I buying a used 125, I don't think I've seen one that hasn't been thrashed, crashed and neglected.

Watch this space, I'll put my hands up if I've bought a lemon.
 The Law of Sod - No FM2R
A couple of my friends have got MGs here, excellent vehicles.
 The Law of Sod - Dave_
>> A couple of my friends have got MGs here, excellent vehicles

I changed jobs in October, I'm now working in the parts department at an MG main dealer. They can't shift the new models fast enough, especially the full electric cars.
Last edited by: Dave_ on Wed 20 May 20 at 22:22
 The Law of Sod - No FM2R
I briefly went out in the ZS EV. Loved it, I'd certainly have one.
 The Law of Sod - Boxsterboy
A friend has a ZS EV. It was very cheap but has had problems with it - indicated battery range plunging half-way through a journey, car failing to charge overnight, etc. Apparently such problems are not uncommon with this model.
 The Law of Sod - Lygonos
I have owned an MG ZS EV for 6 months/6k miles.

It is built to a price, but the bits of the car you touch are good quality (SAIC who own MG also build VW/Audi in China) - the steering wheel is identical to the Golf GTD item apart from the logo.

Very roomy with large boot. Not as quick as the B250e was but certainly more oomph than you'd expect for 140ish bhp, and can embarrass almost any FWD ICE car off the line initially.

In winter motorway range was about 100-120 miles at 60-70mph, reckon more like 130-150 in current temperatures.

If you need more range, drive slower - last week I managed 5 miles/kWh at semi-urban speeds (so a taxi driver could expect 200+ miles from a charge).

It is far from perfect but not heard any frequent significant issues and there are about 2800 members on the Facebook page.
 The Law of Sod - Bobby
Lygonos - so whats on your fleet just now? You still got the BMW 225xe?
 The Law of Sod - Lygonos
>>Lygonos - so whats on your fleet just now?

Still got the 09-plate FRV - 131k miles - 6 seats and something to tinker with!

68-plate 225xe - lease due up next month but have extended for 3 more months - Mrs is effectively shielding and thus not using it but it's a good car and I may/may not buy it outright at the end of lease for ~£20k.

MG ZS EV (replaced the B250e - that was a decent car but range a bit naff in winter and not looking forward to post-warranty issues so sold it last summer)

Could easily manage with a single car at present but you know how it is....
It will be a week tomorrow that I've owned the bike and I still can't ride it. Finger healing nicely according to the nurse who just gave it an inspection and changed the dressing, but I have no chance of getting a glove on and it will probably be late next week before I can.

I've had to be content with sitting on it on the drive and running the engine till it warms up to keep the battery at 100%, although it does have a kick start as well as electric. The frustration is unbearable :-(
Latest Forum Posts