Motoring Discussion > Nissan Micra - Insurance write off question Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: car4play Replies: 7

Nissan Micra - Insurance write off question - car4play
Can I summon the collective brains of C4P. Sorry if this has already been dealt with in the past.

One of our cars has just been written off by the insurers. It was a kind of spare / loan car for anyone needing one, so I wasn't driving at the time. Basically it got rear-ended and pushed in the car in front. Driver behind has admitted liability so their insurance is paying.
Damage is slight to other vehicles. Bumper and rear boot damaged on Micro meaning it wont close / open properly as it's slightly twisted. Front bumper slight damage. Seems to have already had some previous damage anyway.

They've offered me either:
1) keep the car, accept the write off amount (£1200) less salvage amount depending on assessment:
- CAT S - £120
- CAT N - £216
2) just accept the write off amount and lose the car

I'm tending to 2) as loads has already gone wrong with the car (new electronics, ECUs etc., new tires, brakes and exhaust, final one was the screen chipped and then cracked and now replaced). I know, shame to lose all the new stuff, but then what else will go wrong?

Messages Author Date
 Nissan Micra - Insurance write off que.. new car4play 26 Jun 20 15:59
 Nissan Micra - Insurance write off quest.. new Zero 26 Jun 20 16:25
 Nissan Micra - Insurance write off ques.. new carmalade 26 Jun 20 17:03
 Nissan Micra - Insurance write off ques.. new Bromptonaut 26 Jun 20 17:04
 Nissan Micra - Insurance write off que.. new Rudedog 26 Jun 20 20:30
 Nissan Micra - Insurance write off quest.. new No FM2R 26 Jun 20 20:49
 Nissan Micra - Insurance write off ques.. new zippy 26 Jun 20 21:29
 Nissan Micra - Insurance write off que.. new Shiny 27 Jun 20 17:16
Latest Forum Posts