Non-motoring > Disconnecting a house alarm Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 4

Disconnecting a house alarm - Bobby
We have a house alarm that has not been actively used for the last 10 years. Primarily due to having teenage kids that were coming and going after I had went to bed and the constant alarm/disarm tones and sounders would wake me up. Had asked the alarm company at the time if anything could be changed but apparently not.

Suddenly this week the internal alarm sounded with a fault on the keypad showing fuse / battery fault. I silenced it with the PIN and the same happened the next morning at the same time. And again this morning.

Looking in the control box there is a big battery and there is a separate wall mounted fuse going into the box. I thought it would be as simple as disconnecting the battery and pulling the fuse but when I did this the external wall mounted alarm siren blasted out. So I am guessing there is another battery back up, possibly within the sounder itself?

Any idea how I can physically disconnect the whole thing from power? I could call the alarm company out but that would be a cost that I'd rather avoid.
 Messages Author Date
 Disconnecting a house alarm new Bobby 17 Aug 20 15:18
 Disconnecting a house alarm new sherlock47 17 Aug 20 15:51
 Disconnecting a house alarm new sooty123 17 Aug 20 15:53
 Disconnecting a house alarm new sherlock47 17 Aug 20 15:59
 Disconnecting a house alarm new Manatee 17 Aug 20 16:32
Latest Forum Posts